My Map Problem Thread

M

mxocosa

Starting to make a lot of threads so I thought I would just make one for my questions. Link to my Map Thread: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Wars

My current problem is: This is kinda a hard one I got this hero thats kinda a corrupt captain so I came up with this funny idea for an ability but I have no idea if its possible or easily done. I want him to be able to have a skill that spawns a unit right infront of him, gives him 200 extra hp and 1armor. The unit should stay infront of him until he have lost 200hp and then remove the buff.The ability should have 3 lvls and for each level it should add one unit infront of him and add 200hp and 1 armor per unit. ability should not be able to be used again until he have lost all 3 citizens if he got lvl 3 and both if he got lvl 2. and the only 1 at lvl 1. The unit shouldnt have any health or armor itself since I dont want it to be possible to sneak around him but it should increase his pathing if possible. Hope anyone can come up with a solution for this because I would love to have it in my map

Previous problems:
Amount of doodads
Day counter
Turn the lighting a bit darker with a trigger
How long a day lasts

M

mxocosa

thx used the fade filter wonder why I didnt notice that was looking through cinematics several times >< anyways does anyone know how long a day last in RL time? Also is it possible to attach a image to a post and if so how?

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
Not to be completly obvious, but 24 hours... As for a "day" in WC3, not shure, seems like a couple minutes.

M

mxocosa

could anyone tell me how to add a multiboard that counts the days?

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Every 1 second of game time, change value to value + X?

M

mxocosa

yeah but I could find how to add a integer variable to a multiboard

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can't, all you can do is setting the value of the leader/multiboard to the value of the integer. :)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
For a multiboard use Convert String to Integer

M

mxocosa

Is it bad to use the No limits tool to increase amount of doodads/destructibles?

M

mxocosa

yeah the only thing I could guess on would be that the map would take longer to load =/

M

mxocosa

New problem =)

This is kinda a hard one I got this hero thats kinda a corrupt captain so I came up with this funny idea for an ability but I have no idea if its possible or easily done. I want him to be able to have a skill that spawns a unit right infront of him, gives him 200 extra hp and 1armor. The unit should stay infront of him until he have lost 200hp and then remove the buff.The ability should have 3 lvls and for each level it should add one unit infront of him and add 200hp and 1 armor per unit. ability should not be able to be used again until he have lost all 3 citizens if he got lvl 3 and both if he got lvl 2. and the only 1 at lvl 1. The unit shouldnt have any health or armor itself since I dont want it to be possible to sneak around him but it should increase his pathing if possible.

Hope anyone can come up with a solution for this because I would love to have it in my map

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.