My map won't open

xrossx18

Reaction score
I'm trying to load a map that I have been working extensively on and now when I try to load it the process bar goes to
Loading Doodads
33/34
:banghead:
and it just stops there.
Help pls

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Isn't your map corrupted? Maybe the WE crashed while saving your map or something?

xrossx18

Reaction score
No, it saved fine, the real problem is I imported a model of a horse, and usually it turns out to be a green and black checkered cube, so I just saved the map normally and re-opened World editor so the model would actually load like it did with all of my other models, but The process bar just stops at doodads 33/34. I want to get rid of the horse model but since the map wont load, i can't :(

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hopfully you tested the map before u saved the map with the horse because im thinking that the horse has currupted your map and there is nothing you can do

go to your maps and find the world edit test map in the test folder

MetaMoRpheXx

Reaction score
My suggestion is remove your custom doodadds...
...clear your imported files...

or

recreate the game, it is somewhat corrupted so it won't save

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Hmm, broken models don't usually hinder the WE from opening the map, instead it crashes warcraft. Best bet would be millzy's suggestion. No.1 tip always have a backup..

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is remove your custom doodadds...
...clear your imported files...

or

recreate the game, it is somewhat corrupted so it won't save

he cant remove the dodads.... he cant open the map if you can remove stuff with out opening the map please inform me on how

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
It is possible by opening the files with other programs. Unfortunately that's also how you de-protect a map, so i am not allowed to share the wisdom.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.