• It should be abolished

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Don't know what it is

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
NAFTA is dead... just look at the lumbering issues between Canada and US.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Yep, US breached the contract on softwood lumber, NAFTA authorities told them to cease and desist.

Not a big deal, we can easily sell it to places like Japan, that'll pay even more for it. I don't know why we're so insistant on doing trade with the states (especially when they clearly want to rip us off)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Never assume people know what you're talking about.

Give information, both pro's and con's, THEN give your opinion.

I really have no idea what this is, just like I was clueless about the stem cell research thread...

Doesn't do ya much good to just say "What do you think about this random political/business/whatever topic that you have never heard of?"

Cognitor

Reaction score
North American Free Trade Agreement happend because of Clinton around 1994 (I think 94'). It's a deal between US, Canada, and Mexico that all three countries would have free trade among each other i.e. products shipped over aren't taxed or whatnot.
The intent was to encourage trade between the U.S and its neighbors.
This plan was bad for the following reasons:
American businesses like Ford build factories in Mexico because it was cheaper and shipping to the U.S was free. Ford, as a result, also closed factories in Michigan (so did GM if anyone has seen "Roger & Me") and this caused hundreds and thousands of people to lose their jobs and entire towns' economies to crumble. Radio stations also did the same; instead of opening shop in California, they did the same for a cheaper price in Mexico.
Long story short, NAFTA = Bad.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Never assume people know what you're talking about.

Give information, both pro's and con's, THEN give your opinion.

I really have no idea what this is, just like I was clueless about the stem cell research thread...

Doesn't do ya much good to just say "What do you think about this random political/business/whatever topic that you have never heard of?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAFTA

enough said?

Cognitor

Reaction score
Well, the site just gives info on it but doesn't say why it's bad or good, or what its purpose was.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.