-name -red

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Hey, I would like to know hot to change your -name in a a game and the -color like -wild etc. Thanks

ShadowTek

Reaction score
I'm not sure about changing the color of the name. Maybe you just have to set the player's name to be enclosed in the proper color codes?

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Here's the -name trigger from my map!

Code:
Name Changer
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -name  as A substring
    Conditions
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 6)) Equal to -name 
    Actions
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            (Length of (Entered chat string)) Greater than 27
        Then - Actions
            Set NewName = (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 27))
        Else - Actions
            Set NewName = (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string))))
    Player - Set name of (Triggering player) to NewName

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
Adding to the above just said,

ex:

Code:
Events
    Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
    Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -red as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
    Player - Change color of (Triggering player) to Red, Changing color of existing units

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
And colour Wild would be random integers in those Animation Change unit Color vertex (Red,Green,Blue) fields. There is actually more to it than that, but this is the simplest way of doing something like that.

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Maybe you could set the text display of a player's name to include a custom color code (?), but is there actually a way to set the "global" player color to a custom color (like in StarCraft)? Sure, you can create a string of random integers/letters to create a custom hexadecimal color code. But can you set player color to that value? Maybe with JASS?

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
Maybe like this?

Code:
Blue
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -____ as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Of course, edit the vertex coloring and such.

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Ok, so that changes all existing units to the desired color. But that does not change the actual player color, such that all other units that will come under the control of that player in the future will automatically get that color.

Yeah, you could trigger the application of that color for each new unit that comes under that player's control, but you know what I mean. Changing the color of the units that are under that player's control does not change that player's color. That was what I was referring to.

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
It DOES change the players color, try it. Make it a text command, after you type it in, type in another message. What do you see? You name's color changed as well :D

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Ok but how exactly do you get wild?'

Off-Topic
How do I make it that if a unit hits another unit, then kill the triggering unit?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.