I dont wanna change the fact that theyre natural passive
Trigger:
  • Bottom Towers 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 400.00 of Guard Tower 0001 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Guard Tower 0001 <gen> to Attack (Triggering unit)

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
A quick and easy way to do that would be to check the "Worker" option in the "Stats - Unit Classification" field for that particular unit. That does, however, have the drawback that the tower would get counted in your idle workers display whenever it's not attacking.

Edit: Disregard that if, by "natural passive", you meant "owned by the Neutral Passive player". I thought you meant "naturally passive".

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
So, after misreading your post, I decided to just duplicate your trigger in a new map.... I didn't find any problems with how it worked (I used a Human Guard Tower, switched to Neutral Passive).

Could you clarify what exactly the problem seems to be? You said that neutral passive towers won't attack - is it only neutral passive, or do they still not attack if turned to neutral hostile? Which player are you controlling (I'm guessing player 1 - red), and which player is controlling the enemy units that you want attacked? Is the tower a complete custom tower, or a modified version of an existing tower?

Alex

Reaction score
k so, the tower is on a wall i just lazyly changed a few stats i woudlnt have 2 re do everything on it, its natural passive im gonna try changing the range and see if that works if not then i have no idea whats wrong, the tower was blues causa the colour but i gave ctrl to natural passive retaining colour.

TomTTT

Reaction score
k so, the tower is on a wall i just lazyly changed a few stats i woudlnt have 2 re do everything on it, its natural passive im gonna try changing the range and see if that works if not then i have no idea whats wrong, the tower was blues causa the colour but i gave ctrl to natural passive retaining colour.

Check if after your changes the tower still have the attack?
If you change Dice and those to 0, it causes the tower to have no attacks.

TomTTT

Reaction score
damage is 45, 1 die, 5 sides per die.

I meant check in-game. Though check the attacks enabled.
Can you maybe post the map or something like that? maybe copy the tower to another map and post here?

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
What unit did you base your tower off of?

What/whose units do you want it to attack?

Alex

Reaction score
thinkin just to change it to give ctrl to red but i didnt want to to make other players jealous so is there a way that i can give everyone ctrl and maybe everytime it kills a unit it randomly chooses a person to give the gold to?

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
It is very difficult to tell what you are attempting to do if you don't answer questions or describe your map more clearly. :p

Also, it's better if you don't double post so quickly - the edit button is there for a reason.

Alex

Reaction score
lol its the range sorry guys :D should i post a new thread for that other question about the bounty gold going randomly per kill or will u guys answer that 2?

TomTTT

Reaction score
its a 6 on 6 game with enemy orcs coming in every 5 min

You can make the tower owned by player 1 (Red) but do a simple trigger that each time that the tower kills a unit, the gold won't be given.
Make the custom value of the units to they're bounty awarded, and try using this:
Trigger:
  • Disable Bounty
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Killing unit) Equal to GUARD TOWER
    • Actions
      • Player - Add (-1 x (Custom value of (Triggering unit))) to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

Never tried such thing so... I'm not sure if it's gonna work.

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
Bounties are based partly off of dice. The only way that trigger would work is if there is no variation in the bounty amount, i.e. no dice specified and just the base bounty for every single unit type that's possible to be killed.

Having the towers owned by Player 1 could also cause problems later, such as attempting to make a kill counter or the fact that Player 1 could repair the building (depending on the map, obviously).

The initial trigger, by the way, is also going to cause some odd behavior... most ranged units will, once they start attacking something, will keep attacking it until their target is dead or out of range, or they are themselves dead or order to do something else. With that trigger, however, the tower will switch to a second target if it follows the first one within range (and a third target, and a fourth, etc.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.