Need a partner for my innovative TD map.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Old post
Hi everyone,

Recently I started on a new TD which is really innovative -

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108885

It's going really well and the ideas are working great. However, it's taking me ages. So far, the 8 towers/upgrades I have created have taken me well over 10 hours to make and play-test. This is because each one of them is triggered and some of them required me to create triggered spells and effects.

Basically what I'm asking is someone talented and capable at making TD maps to help me with the workload, and share the credits when we're done.

I can only take one partner because too many can create a mess. So I need to know any TD's you have created in the past and how capable you are before I decide!

Here's the map so far. Go on and play-test it either SP or MP.

Thanks everyone :)

** Place Open Until Further Notice **

Just to clarify all of this

- I am very capable of making a successful TD map , my old map http://www.epicwar.com/maps/21140/ Multiple Missile TD, was great and popular. I was a mapper since SC ( most popular map back then i made was Cloaked Cannon Defense).

- I ALWAYS make innovative maps that are above average

- I can make all art, maybe even skinning if its needed. i'm a graphic designer. If the map gets popular enough I might even design a site for it
my portfolio:
preview:
154d2tu.jpg

download:
http://www.anothera.net/CXD_FOLIO_OCT2008_WEB_MED.pdf

- I need a capable partner that is motivated, interested, and has the free time to consistently help me with this.

I have expectations, since I can only take 1 partner.. Too many can create a mess and collisions in ideas.

You must have made a quality map that is somewhat popular... or nearly have reached that stage.

Preferably you have made TDs before or similar maps. If you have not then that is ok as long as you know the drill.

Preferably you are more experienced in triggering than me, even though I am pretty good myself and can do most things including writing abilities/spells purely based on triggers.

Terrain - I can probably finish the terrain since I'm a designer

Items - Share. I have not started on items yet

Towers - Share. Lots of work needed here (triggering/ability), way more than your average TD.

Abilities - Share.

Ideas - I have a lot because I'm creative but would be nice to share ideas.

Levels/Monsters/Bosses - Share.

- You must like and enjoy making/playing TDs
because if you don't you won't have a passion to make this.

Helpers So Far:

Gwypaas - Seemingly good vJASS coder. he will help with cleaning trigger memory leaks and make custom spells for the map!

------------------------------------------------------

That is all for now. Please if you are capable make a post and I will PM you.

Check Attachment to test the latest demo release of my map it's called Black Magick Defense

More info at http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108885

------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• BMD_OPT.w3x
    187.9 KB · Views: 88

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Terrain - I can probably finish the terrain since I'm a designer

Items - Share. I have not started on items yet

Towers - Share. Lots of work needed here (triggering/ability), way more than your average TD.

Abilities - Share.

Ideas - I have a lot because I'm creative but would be nice to share ideas.

Triggers - preferably you are more advanced than me in triggering and can create complex stuff from triggers.

Levels/Monsters/Bosses - Share.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
sounds good adam, have you created any TD's in the past or similar maps i can have a look at?

CixxyZ

Reaction score
oh sorry, misread your post.

I'm looking for an all-rounder who has experience in making TDs or similar maps so I guess I'll wait for someone more capable.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
now me no im not what your looking for butt u can alwasy create a team u could designate a leader cause some people have sooooooooooo much free time that you coul assign a team leader he gets a rag tag team and they would all of coruse work under you cause a td thats going to succed isnt a 2 man thing but u could have a team of like triggerer jasser abilty pro what not do you see what im saying and u could have one of em moderate a free web for you at
Here i think
just some input of coruse this team needs a leader that will work with you and then acts as a bridge for the task you need done
just some comments and fyi the tds that have less then like people working on em are [del]shit[/del] never updated and so on so forth so in conclusion i suggest that your "partener" assembles a team of voulentiers of coruse and helps you the "ceo"if u will make your dreame td
that is all
----EDIT----
link works XD

CixxyZ

Reaction score
lmao. I am more than capable of making a successful TD. Its just that I have college and assignments , therefore will take a long time to complete.

I've made hugely popular TDs before both in SC and W3 and all alone , so I think with 1 partner it will be more than I need.

Thanks though. Also I am a designer and not likely to use hosting from freewebs. my graphics site : www.anothera.net

CixxyZ

Reaction score
did a few more towers

still looking for someone interested/capable to help .

Attachments

• BMD_OPT.w3x
    187.9 KB · Views: 84

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have a bit experience with making TD's, and I'm stuck with my own project anyway.
I can help with triggers, terraining, items and tower-ideas. :)

CixxyZ

Reaction score
hi nap, sounds great! If you can make some levels too, it would be a done deal!

can you show me a TD map you made?

NaPzt3R

Reaction score
Uh. Not really. They all kinda ended up sucking.
But I could quickly create a small one if you want me to. :p

CixxyZ

Reaction score
alright, how about any similar maps to TD? or any good map you made.

I know that anyone can make a map.. It's the quality i am looking for, so no point in making a quick one

NaPzt3R

Reaction score
I think I have some old TD's on my Windows 98. But I'd take a while to get that up running again.

2 sec.

EDIT:
Yep. I have an old NLTW (Napzter's Line Tower Wars), which suck pretty bad and is no way near done.
And something I call SDX, where you create units instead of towers, sucks too.

I'll just put them in a ZIP for you. :)

EDIT:
lolzip

EDIT:
Whoops. I just realized that my .htaccess redirectes you to an image of a horse.
Copypaste this link into your URL www.napzter.dk/Nyt arkiv.zip

EDIT:
That's a lot of edit's. Right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.