Need combat-ideas!!!

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm making a map in which I combine melee with range fighting. The range fighting is like in maps such as Warlock, Archer Wars etc; you target the location and shoot an arrow towards it, if an enemy is hit he takes damage, but he could just move to the side and dodge. I need ideas on how I can add a balanced melee system to this. I feel like having a spell which just damages everyone around the hero or in front of the hero is a little bit boring and not equally skill requiring, and it would also become boring with melee vs. melee. So, ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

MP®

Reaction score
I'm currently also creating a map with lots of manual melee and ranged fighting systems.

I made all ranged projectiles like Archer Wars, but in my map projectiles stop when hitting a unit, tree or other obstacle (in Archer Wars they go through everything and can hit multiple units, which is unrealistic.

My melee system works with the GUI-Friendly Damage Detection made by Weep. With this system you can detect whenever a unit takes damage, so you can trigger lots of nice melee abilities. I made ALL melee attacks do more damage when attacking an enemy in the back.

And I made these melee abilities:

Swordsman melee abilities (Captain model):
Parry (Chance to block a melee attack coming from the front)
Defend (Activate to raise the shield, to give a high% chance to block melee AND ranged attacks, coming from the front. Movement speed is reduced when activated and drains mana per attempt to block)
Critical Strike (Chance to kill an enemy with 1 strike, chance increases when you attack an enemy from behind)
Charge (Charges towards a target point, hitting the first colliding unit with extra damage and stuns the target for a few seconds)

Blademaster melee abilities:
Some same abilities as swordsman.
Instead of charge: spinning strike (looks like bladestorm, but very short and damages surrounding units only 1 time and is blockable)

Assassin melee abilities
Backstab (Kills an enemy instantly when attacking it from behind)
Dash Attack (Same as charge, but less damage and no stunning time; but when hitting an enemy in the back, it is killed instantly -> backstab)
Evasion (Same as normal evasion, unlike Parry, this unit can evade melee attacks coming from all sides)

Some ranged abilities I made are:

Archer ranged abilities:
Shoot arrow (straight line, also more damage from behind and has a chance to hit an enemy critical -> Headshot = instant kill)
Shoot arrow Arc (shoots an arrow in an arc, which makes it harder to hit an enemy, but allows you to shoot over obstacles or friendly units and when hitting an enemy, the chance of a headshot is very high)

Assassin ranged abilities:
Throw daggers (like shoot arrow, but very short distance. when hitting an enemy in the back -> instant kill)
Shoot arrow (same as shoot arrow, but assassins can also use Poison to shoot a poison arrow, or Water Arrow to shoot an arrow that can douse a light source to make a place darker to be able to use shadow meld and/or sneak. Other Assassins (with daggers) can tip their daggers with poison too btw)

And I have a lot more different kind of throwable/shootable projectiles.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Maybe instead of a Activatable Swing, you target a location.
And it displays the animation, but as it swings they can move to still dodge it. If you catch what I'm trying to say.

I understand what your saying about the Cast - AutoSwing being really common. Need to try find a way of making it different.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.