Need help, is it possible to make a water-only unit? And other relevant questions.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
So i'm making this map based on Evolution, I may add roleplaying aspects. the beta will only be singleplayer, though it could very easily work as multiplayer aswell. You start basically as a cell in a river. This cell of yours starts out very small, almost impossible to see even on wc3. There will be dozens or hundreds of other little tiny cells living in the water around you. You will have to eat these cells to grow. Once you reach a fairly large size, you will automatically split into two cells. You can take as long as you want gathering cells before moving onto land and becoming cells there. Or you can choose to evolve to a kind of fish creature in the water (Naga, murlocs, etc)

Anyways, I know some units can walk on both land and water (Illidan for example, and naga). I want to know if it's possible to make a unit only able to swim in water.

2. This one is more problematic. There's going to be different sizes of cells. You start as the smallest cell, there are many that are your size. So i'll state two sub-questions under this.

2a) How would I do the growing thing at all? Something like unit devours X unit, increase size by X?

2b) When you're the smallest cells, you can only eat other smallest cells. Or at least, that's what I want to happen. So how do I make it so devour can only work on units of the same size or smaller? Is this even possible?

3. The splitting thing is something I don't understand either. Is there a script that automatically detects a units size? So a "Cell" Reaches size X, remove cell, create 2 smallest cells at old cells position?

That's all I have to know. Sorry if it's a lot to ask, but this game is going to be very complicated to make, I can tell already lol.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I want to know if it's possible to make a unit only able to swim in water.

Movement Type - Float

How would I do the growing thing at all? Something like unit devours X unit, increase size by X?

When devours unit, replace unit by unit with higher level, which also will has bigger size.

So how do I make it so devour can only work on units of the same size or smaller? Is this even possible?

Triggers. This is one of a many ways:
Trigger:
  • Devour
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Devour
      • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Less than (Level of (Target unit of ability being cast))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)

I hope that helped. :)

Rakaesa

Reaction score
^

That would work, but there's a problem. I want say, the smallest cell to ALWAYS Increase the size by 5. If you were a really big cell and ate a tiny one, you wouldn't grow very much. So I want small cells to always make you grow a certain size, big ones a certain size, etc. And you can only eat big ones if you're as big as them or larger.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Combine this:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 0

with

Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.