Need Help Removing Norton Popups

Cognitor

Reaction score
I keep getting an error message from Norton every time I open any Microsoft Office program telling me that I cannot run a scan until I update Norton (error message attached). The programs open; the message just pops up three times and it's very annoying.

I don't want to update Norton b/c I have to pay for the update and I already have an alternate program. The message constantly pops up and I'm looking for a way to get rid of the nuisance without uninstalling Norton altogether (b/c I'm assuming Norton still provides some protection). There isn't anyway to remove the message through the program's settings (that I've found).

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have this same exact issue on both my computers. If you need any more info, let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• norton error.jpg
    norton error.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 189

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
IMO, Norton sucks.
I would suggest uninstalling it. Whats your new AV?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Just uninstall Norton.
Spy Sweeper seems to cover what you need.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
personally i like anti vir alot .
used it for 10 years on this one machine still running strong

Metal425

Reaction score
I'd reccomend NOD32 or Avira. Norton is a damn resource hog. It's like a hippo ridding on a midgets back.

AbsoIuteZero

Reaction score
Ya i would definitely just unistall norton - but don't just unistall it from control panel. Your best bet would be to download Norton Removal Tool (just google it) and run it, restart the OS. A lot of the time if you just unistall Norton from control panel Norton will leave remnants of itself and will mess up your OS. If ur gonna go with anything i would definitely go with Spybot Search and Destroy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.