Need Help URGENTLY with WC3 editor.@@@

vexoh

Reaction score
Hi, Im currently Making an RPG using WC3 editor, Im not a pro at using the Programme but i know the Basics. I have several problems that need resolving, Any help would be Much appreciated.:)

1. I made a respawn Trigger for the creeps, But they respawn from where they die, (Basicly they respawn from their corpses) I do not want this i want them to respawn from the location i placed them at in the editor.
also how can i make the respawn time for my Boss's Longer than The normal creeps??

2. Do the Pathing Blockers stop the skill "Blink" If not is their any way i can stop the skill from Jumping to certain places

3. I have succesfully made a cinematic scene, But when it stops, the Camera angle changes for all players to the angle of what the camera was at how can i fix this so when the cinematic ends the angle goes back to normal.

4. Im finding it EXTREMELY difficult to Balance out the Heroes, Items, Creeps and Boss's, Is their a guide/Tutorial about Balancing out the Map?

5.I set Music to Play when a unit Enters a Region, But the Music Repeats itself Over and Over again, How can i stop this??

6. Many RPG's Have Job 1, Job 2 Ect, How can i do this?

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
2. Do the Pathing Blockers stop the skill "Blink" If not is their any way i can stop the skill from Jumping to certain places
No, they do not, to stop it you will need triggers. I assume you want this so people cannot sneak into boss chambers to bypass a dungeon, and it is ok to teleport once inside. I made a quick trigger example that should serve the purpose, though haven't had the chance to test it.
Trigger:
  • no blink
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink (Neutral)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Region 000 <gen> contains (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to True
          • (Region 000 <gen> contains (Position of (Triggering unit))) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: You cannot use blin...
        • Else - Actions

3. I have succesfully made a cinematic scene, But when it stops, the Camera angle changes for all players to the angle of what the camera was at how can i fix this so when the cinematic ends the angle goes back to normal.
Trigger:
  • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds

Many RPG's Have Job 1, Job 2 Ect, How can i do this?
You create several versions of the hero, with progressively better stats/abilities, and one your hero fulfills the criteria to change class you replace them with a trigger like this
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 20
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Mountain King for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to 20, Hide level-up graphics
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to give (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A)) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

I made the simplest version, automatic job change at level 20, and transfer of items from old hero to new one. You will have to choose events and conditions based on what u want heroes to have to do to upgrade. Like complete a quest, enter a portal, purchase an item, etc.

vexoh

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Camera and No Blink Triggers, worked Have yet to test the Job, Thanks again <3 :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.