Need help with Swap-like ability

Baltazhar

Reaction score
First off, I have read almost all the Nether Swap questions out there, but my ability is kinda different.

The idea is, to swap, wait 4 seconds, and swap back. Ofcourse taking into account wether either of the heroes involved have died while being swapped.

This ability works, but only sometimes.

Code:
The Other Side
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to The Other Side 
    Actions
        Set SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set TheOtherSideOn[(Player number of (Owner of SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]))] = True
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        Set SwapCasterPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Position of (Casting unit))
        Set SwapTargetPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Position of SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))])
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at SwapCasterPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at SwapTargetPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
        Unit - Move SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] instantly to SwapCasterPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
        Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to SwapTargetPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
        Wait 7.00 seconds
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Casting unit) is dead) Equal to False
                (SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] is dead) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at SwapCasterPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at SwapTargetPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
                Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to SwapCasterPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                ((Casting unit) is dead) Equal to True
                (SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] is dead) Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Set SwapTargetPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Position of SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))])
                Unit - Move SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] instantly to SwapTargetPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                ((Casting unit) is dead) Equal to False
                (SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] is dead) Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Set SwapCasterPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Position of (Casting unit))
                Unit - Move SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] instantly to SwapCasterPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
                Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to SwapTargetPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
            Else - Actions
        Set TheOtherSideOn[(Player number of (Owner of SwapTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]))] = False

Hope anyone with the brains I lack can give me a pointer.

Thanks in advance, and rep for helpers ofc <3

- Baltazhar

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Store the (Casting Unit) into a Variable.
(Casting Unit) bugs with Waits.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
1) You want it to wait 4 seconds, but your trigger says 7 seconds. Just thought I'd point that out.

2) When does it not work? Is it random, or under certain circumstances (ie, caster dies).

3) What's the purpose of your boolean? I don't see it used in this trigger; is it used in another trigger?

I can't really tell what's wrong with it right now, but maybe I can if you answer #2.

Store the (Casting Unit) into a Variable.
(Casting Unit) bugs with Waits.

That too :D

Also, it's better to use Triggering Unit than Casting Unit.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
I believe that storing the casting/target unit into a non-array variable would do the trick, I just hate doing those. They look less 'pro' since you have to do a "If unit belongs to player 1 then set Variable1 etc".

I know it's a 7 second wait, which is on purpose, I just temporarily forgot that while making the first post :D
The occurance of the bug seems somewhat random, but that's probably due to the unstability of the wait function.
The boolean is there to prevent other abilities, that are meant to carry a player to the enemy area, to do just that. Those abilities with Collision Size 0 are a pain. Therefore I made the boolean, so that the "Detect and eliminate bug-abusers" trigger, wouldn't target units that had been legally swapped.

I will try repainting it with a non-array variable function or two, and write back. Until then, consider this question as answered.
+ rep for both of you ofc :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.