Need help with trigger "Action"

world23wc3

Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry, title is wrong. The correct title should have been "Need help with trigger "Event and Condition".

I've made a new custom ability(ctrl + shit + n). I picked "Charge gold and Lumber" and changed it a little bit.

Name: "Blasting Strike"
Cost: 100 gold
Mana cost: 100 mana(doesn't seem to work, any ideas why?)

The ability is used from a building, it works.

Problem

Now I want a trigger to be activated when the spell "Blastign Strike" is used but it doesn't work. I will show you the code of the trigger.

Trigger:
  • Blasting Strike force 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blasting Strike (c)
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Force 1 has used th...
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in force2HeroGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Ability Blasting Strike force 2 teleport destination <gen>), facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Raider)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)

Do you have any ideas why it didn't work?
Money is charged every time I use the ability, but the trigger doesn't get activated.

Thanks for help!

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The code seems workable. Try changing the event to 'A unit starts the effect of an ability'. Also, please make sure that 'force2HeroGroup' contains 'Picked unit'.

world23wc3

Reaction score
The code seems workable. Try changing the event to 'A unit starts the effect of an ability'. Also, please make sure that 'force2HeroGroup' contains 'Picked unit'.
Thanks! Changing the event to 'A unit starts the effect of an ability' made it work!
Still the other problem remains. In the object editor under 'stats - mana cost' is set to 100 mana. The building that uses the ability has above 100 mana but when I use the spell it doesn't cost any mana at all. Their is also no mana cost displayed on the ability in game.

Happy

Reaction score
afaik charge gold and lumber cant cost mana...but i could be wrong ;)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could make it a normal ability and trigger the gold deduction, or trigger the mana reduction.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Real comparison.

Trigger:
  • Conditions
    • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to (>=) 100.00

world23wc3

Reaction score
Real comparison.

Trigger:
  • Conditions
    • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to (>=) 100.00
Thanks, but there is still one problem. When I try buying it after the building has less than 100 mana it charges me for 100 gold(the spell doesn't activate at that point which is good).

world23wc3

Reaction score
I belive I've found a soloution, will be posting it here soon.

Edit: At the Else - Actions I need to somehow refund the player(this is only if the mana was under 100 at the time a player tried to use the ability. Else he's money would go down with 100 for every click he did). Any ideas how to solve this?
Trigger:
  • Blasting Strike force 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Devil's tool (c) 0068 <gen>
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blasting Strike (c)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 100.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in force2HeroGroup and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Ability Blasting Strike force 2 teleport destination <gen>), facing 0.00 degrees
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Raider)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Set mana of Devil's tool (c) 0068 <gen> to ((Mana of Devil's tool (c) 0068 <gen>) - 100.00)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Force 1 has used th...
        • Else - Actions

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Player - Set (Triggering player) Current gold to (((Triggering player) Current gold) + 100)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Shouldn't "A unit Begins casting an ability" take place before the gold is charged? I know it does before the mana.

world23wc3

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Player - Set (Triggering player) Current gold to (((Triggering player) Current gold) + 100)
The building that know the spell is owned by player 5 (a computer in team 1). When a player 1-4(that is in the same team as player 5) pays for the spell(by using it from the player 5 owned building) then the money goes to player 5(if the building's mana was less than 100). The money should be going to the player that paid for the ability. I don't know if this problem can be solved in a trigger, but I hope so.
Thanks for all your help so far! I hope you can solve this too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.