Need ideas for a Defence map

megaflame566

Reaction score
i want to make a defense map but i don't know what to do it on any one have any ideas if you don't know what a defense map is its like vampirism and island defense

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
1) Plan. (Trust me, this helps.)
2) Make the terrain all nice, and make it so that it fits with the gameplay you outlined in your plan.
3) Create the units you want, with different abilities. If you need help with triggered abilities, post your problems.
4) (I assume this is the part you're having trouble with.) Set the forces to have everyone on one team with shared vision (or not, it's up to you) except for one person. Store the units of the defenders in a variable array.

(Make a unit variable, check the box "array," and set the size to the number of players in your map. Player 1's unit will be stored in yourunitvariable[1], Player 2's unit will be stored in yourunitvariable[2], and so on. This will make triggering easier.)
Make a trigger with all 11 (or however many players) Events-- yourunitvariable[1] dies, yourunitvariable[2] dies, etc. Then change owner of triggering unit to the side of the enemy, remove their units, and create a minion. (I'm a big Island Defense player, so I'm thinking about it from that perspective... I don't really know Vampirism.)
5) Spend hours balancing your map with dedicated beta testers. (Yeah, it's painful.)

I hope this helped. Your question was kinda vague though...

megaflame566

Reaction score
Thanks for the info but i just needed ideas for what the map should be based on but i got an idea but does any one know the best size for the map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.