Need questions for the map: Wc3 School

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score

Off Topic : I got De - Rep for what i post here. Wierd =/

Hope its not from me i might have clicked wrong but please do tell if its me so i can +rep u

K

KiD-X

Question Genre : Units
Question : Who Denys He was a thief
Answer : Spell Breaker ("I never Steal anything!")
Difficulty : Easy
Credits : Me

Question Genre : Races
Question : When a Human Peasent Meets with an Orc Peon and saw an Undead Ghoul, what will happend?

Answer : The Peasent runs away from the Ghoul and the Peon Shakes hands with the Ghoul. (Peasent is a Wuss!) =p

Credits -> Me!

Off Topic : I got De - Rep for what i post here. Wierd =/

LOL! De-Rep! HAHA!

I think it's because your questions were a bit ummm.... less helpful then what they are looking for.... and don't make any sense! LOL! I'll replace your rep because u made me lawl so hard hahahahaahaha HA!

Anyways...

Questions hey? Hmmmm....

Maths examples :

Easy -

If a peasant harvests 10 lumber every 5 seconds, how much lumber would he have after 35 seconds?

Answer : 70

Med -

If a peasant costs 75 gold, and a footman costs 175, What is the total gold cost of 3 peasants and 2 footmen?

Answer : 575

Hard -

An orc champion begins his journey with 25 dps and gains 5 dps/level. If the Orc was at level 12 and fought a creep with 600 hp, how many seconds would it take to kill it?

Answer : 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! De-Rep! still can't get over that post. Peace out

EDIT : ok I get the spellbreaker one now, checked it out in sound editor. But the shaking hands? HAHAHAHAH

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Wow, pretty nice questions! Keep them coming.

And the de-rep isn't funny >_<

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The shaking hands
Peon is Ugly, so does ghoul. So they are friends while the Human got scared and wet his pants and run away =p

Thx for those responses now heres another one frm me!

Question Genre : War Craft Units
Question : What will happend, when a group of 3 Taurents and 2 Spirit walker went for a fight with 5 Socresses?
Answer : It become a petting zoo (The socresses Turn them into Sheeps! *Polymorph)

K

KiD-X

LOL somantic, your wakky questions make me laugh.

... glad u liked my questions, I've got some time on my hands so I'll make a couple more.

Easy : A Demon Hunter's Level 1 Immolation ability drains 7 mana/second. How many seconds would it take him to use up 490 mana?

Easy : If a hero buys 4 health pots at 400 gold each, how much is he out of pocket?

Answer : 1600

Easy : If repairing a ziggurat cost 3 gold for every 10hp damaged, how much gold would it cost to repair 250hp damage?

Answer : 75

Med : A gold mine has 1000 gold left in stock. If the acolytes mine 50 gold every 5 seconds, how many seconds are left before the mine is depleted?

Answer : 100

Med : If 1 point of agility increases the Blade Master's attack speed by 2, and he gained 2 agility per level, how many points quicker would he be at level 10?

Answer : 40

Med : If the level 3 Trueshot Aura increases a ranged units damage by 30% and an archer has 25 damage, what is the total of it's buffed damage?

Answer : 32.5

Hard : A chimaera has 1000 hp, takes damage and then regenerates the lost health over 400 seconds with a hp regeneration rate of 0.5. What percentage of health was it at when damaged?

Answer : 80%

Hard : If repairing a town hall costs 2 gold and 1 lumber per 8 hp lost per second, and it has taken 480 damage, how many seconds would it take 2 peasants to repair at twice the rate?

Answer : 30

Hard : If an alchemist's acid bomb does 15 primary damage, then 10 damage every second for 15 seconds, but the unit it is cast on is only affected by 60% of the damage, how much hp is lost?

Answer : 99

...... This should give you a couple of more to use. To make it easy for you, you can just take the same questions, change the units involved an the numbers and you will have yourself a completely different question.

What other subjects will there be besides maths? If I have the time I can think up some examples for those too.

The De-Rep still makes me laugh. I +rep'd somantic in pity anyhow so he/she be happy. Well, I mean they are still making unique questions so they would have to be happy, right? :D

Oh double check all my answers before putting them ingame tho lol, just incase

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Questions genre: Triggering (may not be relevant :p)
Question: Spot the mistake in the trigger below.
Answer: Try it yourself :p
Difficulty: Hard (depending on people i think)

Code:
Spot the mistake
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Quiz 
    Actions
        Set TempGroup_AoeDmg = (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False))))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup_AoeDmg and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 9999 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathCoil\DeathCoilSpecialArt.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Custom script:   Call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup_AoeDmg)

Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup_AoeDmg)

Questions genre: Maths?
Question: You have 20 peasants. You ordered 4 of them to collect gold, 4 of them to collect lumber, 2 of them build towers, and 1 of them to scout enemy area. So how many peasants do you have?
Difficulty: Easy (This is a lame one :p)
Answer:

Questions genre: WC3 related and maths
Question: One day, Centaur and Crypt Lord walk towards a village and decided to attack the village. They were competing to see who kills the most. After 5 minutes, they have completely destroyed the village and the people there. Centaur has a score of 10 kills while Crypt Lord also has 10 kills. Being unhappy because the winner was undecided, they walked off sadly. Suddenly, they saw a peasant with 305 hp and decided to kill him. Centaur starts first by executing WarStomp and stun the peasant with 304 damage and quickly run towards the peasant in order to execute the last blow to kill it. Seeing this, the Crypt Lord felt afraid to lose and quickly Impale (deals 10 damage) the peasant from far range hoping that he could kill the peasant first. But he lost in the end. Why did Centaur won?

Difficulty: Medium
Answer:
Because stunned units cannot be impaled.

This is very very annoying when im really playing because everytime i click to impale, 'Unable to target unit' comes out....!!! WTH. Caused me to fail to ks people in DotA :p:p:p

Who said stunned units cant be impaled?! :p Sorry my mistake. You can just change the Centaur to Crypt Lord junior. Let both of them have impale instead. :p Please ignore this.

Hope the questions are relevant and usable :)

Credits to vypur85

esb

Reaction score
wow Kid-X, you know EXACTLY what I'm looking for! :D :D :D :D

Thank you. We could also use some tricky logic questions. like
(Example is non-warcraft related)
If I have two coins, 30 cents total, what are the two coins if one isn't a nickel?
(Answer is a Nickel and quarter)
or
(Does britain have 4th of July? Yes, but it doesn't celebrate it :p)
or
(How many months have 28 days? Some would say some for february, but all 12 months have at least 28 days :p)

Thanks!!!
One little favor though, could you pm them to me instead? So answers aren't shown... hehehe

and vypur85, in the first trigger, I couldn't find the mistake >_<
I like the peasant one, it's funny :p
But they are too long >_< But thank you, I might use the peasant one. hehee

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Easy : A Demon Hunter's Level 1 Immolation ability drains 7 mana/second. How many seconds would it take him to use up 490 mana?

Shouldn't it take 35 mana for starting the ability?

K

KiD-X

Shouldn't it take 35 mana for starting the ability?

That was an example of an easy question, not an accurate description of a spell in war 3, or a question for those gay dota trivia quizes. One thing I have figured out about this thread that most people haven't is that the game they are making is a school based map IN war 3, not a war 3 trivia school. The War 3 references in the questions are just to add fun to the competition. Am I right esb?

Anyhow all the questions I have donated to this map so far have been designed to be simple maths questions with a hint of war 3 trivia to keep it fun. I think the most important part about these kind of questions is to keep it simple so people can bash out the answers in their head or on their calculators and keep the game flowing. Not to state things like "this one time thrall drank a carton of jim beam and uppercut arthas across the bar!" and have everyone tell me it's an innaccurate description of the battle of lorderon or watever.

esb

Reaction score
One thing I have figured out about this thread that most people haven't is that the game they are making is a school based map IN war 3, not a war 3 trivia school. The War 3 references in the questions are just to add fun to the competition. Am I right esb?

Exactly! Sadly, my low creativity doesn't let me do them myself lol :D

Not to state things like "this one time thrall drank a carton of jim beam and uppercut arthas across the bar!" and have everyone tell me it's an innaccurate description of the battle of lorderon or watever.
Yes, there are many ways of saying that, and i've noticed thats a problem in other riddle/quiz/trivia/question maps.

esb

Reaction score
It can be anything :D
Like:
Fill in the Blank:
A grunt is riding a wyvern rider. He picks up 5 peons after 10 seconds. Two towns later, he drops 1 peon. He then picks up 7 more peons. _ _ _ _ _ is riding the Wyvern.
Answer: Grunt

:D

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
@vypur85
You can Impale a Stunned unit, but you cannot Impale an Impaled unit.

EDIT:
Nor can you Impale an Entangled unit.

esb

Reaction score
Thanks for the PM R@I :p

I probably will do school games like hangman, but later on since they are more complicated, and I want to do the basic (questions) first, then add features here and there :p
Thanks

Hehe, I use the :p smiley a lot... :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HumSlayer the Blademaster steals a zeppellin.
(after each line, remove what is on the text)

he picks up 14 peons.

he flies 0.4 Km.

he drops 5 peons and picks up a grunt

he flies 0.2 km

He drops 2 peons and picks up another grunt

he flies 0.4 km

He drops nothing and picks up 3 peons

What was the name of the orc who hijacked the zeppelin :)

esb

Reaction score
Ohh lol I like that one!
And omg... I forgot which unit had the ability to hold cargo, so I just said Wyvern :p lol

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ohh lol I like that one!
And omg... I forgot which unit had the ability to hold cargo, so I just said Wyvern :p lol

In the beta warcraft orc heroes could mount wyverns.

And the abomination was supposed to be a hero :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.