Need simple help with ability text

SickSailer

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been having problems with my custom ability text, a very simple problem, and probably very easy to solve

I'm quite new to the world editor and basically my ability is trueshot aura (applies an aura that grants nearby friendly ranged units and increase in attack) and i cant seem to get the values correct when i hover my mouse over the ability (in-game) that tells you what the percentages are and what level it is.

it says this in Level 1 - Text - Tooltip - Normal:

Trueshot Aura - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r]

so i copy pasted that up to level 10 and changed "level 1" to "level 4" and "level 5" ect.

But it still doesnt show up past level 3. Also when im learning the abilities it only shows text up to level 3 so players don't know what the next few levels of the ability do.

Thanks!!

n1mr0d

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been having problems with my custom ability text, a very simple problem, and probably very easy to solve

I'm quite new to the world editor and basically my ability is trueshot aura (applies an aura that grants nearby friendly ranged units and increase in attack) and i cant seem to get the values correct when i hover my mouse over the ability (in-game) that tells you what the percentages are and what level it is.

it says this in Level 1 - Text - Tooltip - Normal:

Trueshot Aura - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r]

so i copy pasted that up to level 10 and changed "level 1" to "level 4" and "level 5" ect.

But it still doesnt show up past level 3. Also when im learning the abilities it only shows text up to level 3 so players don't know what the next few levels of the ability do.

Thanks!!

it should look like this :
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/trueshotaura.png/

and at Text - Tooltip - Learn - Extended

An aura that gives friendly nearby units bonus damage to their ranged attacks. |n|n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - Increases base ranged damage by 10%. |n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - Increases base ranged damage by 20%. |n|cffffcc00Level 3|r - Increases base ranged damage by 30%.|n|n|cffffcc00Level 4|r - Increases base ranged damage by 40%. |n|cffffcc00Level 5|r - Increases base ranged damage by 50%. |n|cffffcc00Level 6|r - Increases base ranged damage by 60%.|n|n|cffffcc00Level 7|r - Increases base ranged damage by 70%. |n|cffffcc00Level 8|r - Increases base ranged damage by 80%. |n|cffffcc00Level 9|r - Increases base ranged damage by 90%.|n|cffffcc00Level 10|r - Increases base ranged damage by 100%.

If your ability gains damages for each level +10%.
Else u should change the numbers before %.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
And for the display after learning, you also need to change these:
Level 1 - Text - Tooltip - Normal - Extended: An aura that gives friendly nearby units a 10% bonus damage to their ranged attacks.
Level 2 - Text - Tooltip - Normal - Extended: An aura that gives friendly nearby units a 20% bonus damage to their ranged attacks.
Level 3 - Text - Tooltip - Normal - Extended: An aura that gives friendly nearby units a 30% bonus damage to their ranged attacks.
Level 4 - Text - Tooltip - Normal - Extended: An aura that gives friendly nearby units a 40% bonus damage to their ranged attacks.
Level 5 - Text - Tooltip - Normal - Extended: An aura that gives friendly nearby units a 50% bonus damage to their ranged attacks.
etc...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.