Need some map advice.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Alright, so I fool around with world editor all the time, i'm actually pretty decent at triggers and terraining, and i've quarter-built a couple maps.

But that's the problem, I have low patience meaning I get bored of making a map pretty fast, and i'm never sure quite where to start so often I just chuck the maps in the trash bin.

So I need some advice on where I should start. TDs are simple but getting old, hero arenas take kinda long and my least favorite part about the editor is the long time it takes to make custom heroes...

What would be a good map for me to start with?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
I personally would try to think of some sort of mini-game, and then create it in the World Editor.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
The two you listed are generally the easiest maps to start out with.
If you have a good twist/idea/spin on your TD, people will play it.

Hero arenas are generally easier-ish to make.
As well as maybe a hero line war.

johnnymra

Reaction score
I definitely tell you not to make RPG maps because they take very long... :D

But to also give you an idea... try making basic melee maps, with special differences... like let's say another way to win besides total destruction... or custom items/heroes for the basic races...

Or another idea: just make cinematics. They are somewhat easy... and they get a lot of views on the Hiveworkshop.com if you make them nice.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Mini-games are usually the best choice if you want to finish it fast. Look at games like Jungle Race - simple yet insanely addictive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.