Neutral Hostile VS Neutral Extra

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
I am still working on that huge RPG map. I have many many creeps that are presently neutral hostile. A few of them have special talents, such as the ability to phase out of being hit, and move a short random distance away. They are less than 3% of the total population of creeps on map though.

Now I was working with making some of the creeps perform certain effects when struck, certain other things and mostly to add flavor. Problem with this is that having 8 players striking creeps all over the map, I am wondering if I am not pushing too close to the boundary of trigger execution time.

Take for example this trigger:

Code:
PhaseJump
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Is attacked
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Footman
                (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Knight
                (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Peasant
                (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Rifleman
    Actions
        Set RefPoint = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by ((Random real number between -30.00 and 30.00), (Random real number between -30.00 and 30.00)))
        Set RefPoint2 = (Position of (Attacking unit))
        Set TempInteger = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                TempInteger Less than or equal to 25
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Move (Attacked unit) instantly to RefPoint, facing RefPoint2
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_RefPoint)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_RefPoint2)

Now would I save alot of processor space by moving all these units to the Neutral Extra? And what pitfalls are there for using Neutral Extra?

**Edit. I feel silly. I remembered there is a Night Elf ability called phase shift that is perfect for what i want to do. Now whats the best way to detect when this ability goes off? Will Unit Finishes Casting an Ability work for passive abilities?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Will Unit Finishes Casting an Ability work for passive abilities?

It depends on the ability.
Attack modifying abilities like Cold Arrows and friends aren't cast, and don't trigger any events.

Others, like Raise Dead on autocast or Phase Shift are cast, and can be detected with "starts the effect of" for example.

And, there shouldn't be a problem with a two-liner and "is attacked".
Provided you do some leak cleaning.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.