Sci/Tech New drug may keep you sober no matter how much you've had to drink

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
to force the rest of society to live based on your opinions is insane
eh? I don't force anyone!.
Second I don't need alcohol to have hell a lot of fun. And you can avoid hangovers without any drug.

Well, but It Just doesn't make sense. How could it cure alcoholism, when you still will continue to drink!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
eh? I don't force anyone!.
Second I don't need alcohol to have hell a lot of fun. And you can avoid hangovers without any drug.

Well, but It Just doesn't make sense. How could it cure alcoholism, when you still will continue to drink!

You're not forcing anyone, but you're saying things like "the whole thing is silly". I think straightedge people like yourself are lame as hell, but nowhere did you see me say anything like "And all you lameass straightedge people who don't drink". You're insulting a common lifestyle, so by default, you're already going to be disliked by quite a few people who drink. That is forcing it on people indirectly, I don't go in to every thread I dislike or don't agree with and post "jokes" or hate on it, I just don't visit it or don't post if I do.

Second, just because someone drinks, doesn't make them an alcoholic. If you find yourself drinking on a nightly basis, or more than a few times a week, then perhaps you can consider them an alcoholic. You're making it out to be that people who like to drink are criminals, which is not the case. Once again, you don't know what they are going through. You don't drink, you don't know the addictive feelings. It's not just a "I think I'll have a drink" thought that the person gets, theres many more mental and physical aspects about addictions. Maybe you should research them, because you have no clue on what you're talking about. You've got nothing but that you don't like drinking and no one should drink across.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
"the whole thing is silly". quite a few people who drink.
I didn't said I don't drink, did I ? I do sometimes. But I can have fun anyway without it.
And I didn't said everyone who drink are alcoholic Seriously DDRtists And the silly is about the "insanity drug and it is." It's not a cure!
It will Just lead people to drink more! And threatened peoples health!

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Just don't drink any more alcohol, not ever and no matter what! The best cure for alcoholism.
If you are an alcoholic then stopping drinking can kill you. Some alcoholics need additional drugs just to survive the withdrawal symptoms. I don't think you realise how severe alcohol dependency can be.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I didn't said I don't drink, did I ? I do sometimes. But I can have fun anyway without it.
And I didn't said everyone who drink are alcoholic Seriously DDRtists And the silly is about the "insanity drug and it is." It's not a cure!
It will Just lead people to drink more! And threatened peoples health!

Yes you did. You said that this pill will make people drink more, thus stating that you have the mindset that people who drink always want to be drunk. Which would make them an alcoholic, which is also not how it goes down. What happens if I went to my sisters birthday, and its her birthday so I had a few drinks and it got out of hand. So they drank too much, opps. With DHM, they could take the pill and wait to drive home safely sober in a few minutes. Or instead, they could either pass out or wait for hours at who knows where, for them to sober up a bit, or maybe it's too cold and they risk or get a DUI. How in the world do you figure that is better than the very small amount of people that are going to be stupid and only hurt themselves? You would rather people risk DUI's and drive drunk than take a pill and possibly drink more?

Maybe it's not THE cure, but it's a start. Stop being so pessimistic and assuming everyone is just going to abuse it. For the few people that do, millions will find relief from it.
If you are an alcoholic then stopping drinking can kill you. Some alcoholics need additional drugs just to survive the withdrawal symptoms. I don't think you realise how severe alcohol dependency can be.

Thank you! Finally someone with a bit of info on it...
I work with a few people with opium addictions that have to go to detox EVERY morning to get methadone or they relapse. I work with alcoholics that admit it sucks, but they can't overcome it. And you're sitting here saying "Just quit!" It's not that easy, you can't just flip a switch...

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I work with a few people with opium addictions that have to go to detox EVERY morning to get methadone or they relapse. I work with alcoholics that admit it sucks, but they can't overcome it. And you're sitting here saying "Just quit!" It's not that easy, you can't just flip a switch...

Which is why I promised myself never to smoke or take any kind of real drug(caffeine for example is not included. I also didn't include alcohol because... I don't know). I understand I might be missing out on something but I don't ever want to be addicted to something like that.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Which is why I promised myself never to smoke or take any kind of real drug(caffeine for example is not included. I also didn't include alcohol because... I don't know). I understand I might be missing out on something but I don't ever want to be addicted to something like that.

It's horrible, the lunch chef has a horrible opium addiction and has to go to the methadone clinic every morning and pay $7 for his drink, or he relapses and can not function without opium. They've been cutting back how much they give him, and when I'm working with him, he looks dead. He flat out says "I love the opium, but it's just not worth it. Take it from me, don't even take perception opiates if they're prescribed to you. They WILL fuck you up, mentally and physically." And you tell me why drugs like DHM and marijuana, which have beneficial properties to them, are illegal, yet they prescribe opiates on a daily basis that cause the US population to become addicted and kill their bodies with opium-based big-pharma meds. The people that make and pump us full of opiates and synthetic methamphetamines are the ones that own the methadone clinics and rehab places. Go figure. :)

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
It's horrible, the lunch chef has a horrible opium addiction and has to go to the methadone clinic every morning and pay $7 for his drink, or he relapses and can not function without opium. They've been cutting back how much they give him, and when I'm working with him, he looks dead. He flat out says "I love the opium, but it's just not worth it. Take it from me, don't even take perception opiates if they're prescribed to you. They WILL fuck you up, mentally and physically." And you tell me why drugs like DHM and marijuana, which have beneficial properties to them, are illegal, yet they prescribe opiates on a daily basis that cause the US population to become addicted and kill their bodies with opium-based big-pharma meds. The people that make and pump us full of opiates and synthetic methamphetamines are the ones that own the methadone clinics and rehab places. Go figure. :)

Ouch... That is really.. unlucky of him.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
You're not forcing anyone, but you're saying things like "the whole thing is silly". I think straightedge people like yourself are lame as hell, but nowhere did you see me say anything like "And all you lameass straightedge people who don't drink". You're insulting a common lifestyle, so by default, you're already going to be disliked by quite a few people who drink. That is forcing it on people indirectly, I don't go in to every thread I dislike or don't agree with and post "jokes" or hate on it, I just don't visit it or don't post if I do.

Second, just because someone drinks, doesn't make them an alcoholic. If you find yourself drinking on a nightly basis, or more than a few times a week, then perhaps you can consider them an alcoholic. You're making it out to be that people who like to drink are criminals, which is not the case. Once again, you don't know what they are going through. You don't drink, you don't know the addictive feelings. It's not just a "I think I'll have a drink" thought that the person gets, theres many more mental and physical aspects about addictions. Maybe you should research them, because you have no clue on what you're talking about. You've got nothing but that you don't like drinking and no one should drink across.

lol. You get mad because somebody "offended" your drinking habits.
I smell a problem..

Well, if one becomes addicted. Yes it is their fault, and they cannot simply blame the addiction for why they 'cant stop'.
Easiest solution (if it is a problem) was to not begin. And falling for temptations is no excuse.
If you are saying that using drugs to control drinking habits is correct, then you are somehow disturbed mentally or something in your research has conflicted with your logical thinking.

Drinking/alcohol is accepted, but not necessarily correct. There are far more negatives than positives. Many lives are broken and lost.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score

Just want to point out that alcohol is just about the realest drug there is - just because it's legal, it doesn't make it okay. More people die from alcohol-related deaths than from all other drug-related deaths combined. And caffeine ain't no saint, neither; although fatal overdose is fairly rare, in cases of excessive consumption in can result in heart palpitations, hyperventilation, increased blood pressure, delirium, disorientation and convulsions. Prolonged regular use (cup of coffee per day) often results in increased irritability and difficulty sleeping leading to insomnia. In addition, it possesses powerful addictive properties, and withdrawal symptoms can be difficult to cope with.

Cannabis is a real drug. But compared to all the drugs out there, whether street drugs or pharmaceuticals, it is quite probably the safest drug known to man. You're doing more damage to your body eating a bag of chips than you are smoking a bowl, which is probably the most unhealthy aspect to cannabis; if you smoke that bowl, you know that bag of chips is coming next. Good stuff.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Well, if one becomes addicted. Yes it is their fault, and they cannot simply blame the addiction for why they 'cant stop'.
Easiest solution (if it is a problem) was to not begin. And falling for temptations is no excuse.
If you are saying that using drugs to control drinking habits is correct, then you are somehow disturbed mentally or something in your research has conflicted with your logical thinking.

Drinking/alcohol is accepted, but not necessarily correct. There are far more negatives than positives. Many lives are broken and lost.

First off, take a huge chunk of that blame and rest it on the shoulders of society. We're the ones that decided that alcohol should be legal. We're the one's who've told our children that as long as they're old enough, it's okay that they drink this poison. We're the ones that play the commercials, and make the ads, and sell the campaigns, all focused on making it a part of our daily lives. And yet, the blaring truth of it's incredible danger is constantly and repeatedly down-played, made to be 'just another alcohol-related death.' A common and accepted occurrence. Is it really fair to blame this on the individual, when we as a society have subversively promised that it would be okay all along? Yes, that person made choices. But they made choices based on their ideals, their beliefs, and how they've been raised, and if they were raised even halfway in-front of a t.v. then that's one source telling them it's okay. Then, teenagers have all sorts of pressure to stay cool, and do what their friends are doing, so their choices are impacted thusly. Then, once they've been fooled into thinking it's okay, they've developed an addiction to it before they know it. It's hard enough to break free of a mental addiction, whether it's overeating, excessive exercise or cannabis addiction, but when you through the physical discomforts in it takes it to a different extreme (or so I've been told, I make a very conscious effort to avoid any drugs with physically addictive properties, alcohol and caffeine included, cigarettes excluded). The pain associated with the withdrawal, as well as the intense, burning desire to achieve that altered state of mind can be more than a man can take. It can takes weeks, months, or even years of treatment and therapy to get to a point where they can pass up the drink, and many can't do it without swapping the addiction for something else, such as a different drug or AA meetings.
And if using a less harmful drug will help alleviate the problems associated with another drug, I feel like that one defines a logical choice: trade out something terrible for something that's merely not good. Seems like sticking with the greater of two evils would be the choice of someone possessing unsound logic. Perhaps even mentally disturbed.
But yeah. They do share the blame. But all they're doing is sharing it. Sharing it along with the rest of us.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
It is the pursuit of life that brings people face to face with temptation.
Human nature lures us to become involved in social behaviors, wether it be drinking, smoking, or public masterbation (my personal favorite), in order to establish identity with others.
The question we should be asking ourselve's is if the costs of a social behavior outweighs the cost of isolationism.

Switch33

Reaction score
Not to sound obtrusive, but your really not on the "creditable" list since your name is "blowingkush" , your avatar is a pot symbol, and your phrase below is "smoking tommorrow's weed, today." It's pretty obvious what you chose in life.

And if your thinking that theres a cost to social behavior and your isolated if you don't drink or smoke, which is kind of a really bad mess of an idea. There are plenty of groups of people that hang out elsewhere. Just cause you don't know anything about them in particular does not mean that they are any less there. And there are also plenty of casual parties in which people don't have to over drink to impress all their pals and get so drunk they start throwing up everywhere.

This pill maybe should be issued as a medication basis as drunks are a lot more viable prospect for this rather than teenagers. Teenagers are more likely to abuse it in some kind of sense(taking it and claiming that they are "sober enough" to drive then).

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Not to sound obtrusive, but your really not on the "creditable" list since your name is "blowingkush" , your avatar is a pot symbol, and your phrase below is "smoking tommorrow's weed, today." It's pretty obvious what you chose in life.

And if your thinking that theres a cost to social behavior and your isolated if you don't drink or smoke, which is kind of a really bad mess of an idea. There are plenty of groups of people that hang out elsewhere. Just cause you don't know anything about them in particular does not mean that they are any less there. And there are also plenty of casual parties in which people don't have to over drink to impress all their pals and get so drunk they start throwing up everywhere.

This pill maybe should be issued as a medication basis as drunks are a lot more viable prospect for this rather than teenagers. Teenagers are more likely to abuse it in some kind of sense(taking it and claiming that they are "sober enough" to drive then).

I'm sorry, but you lose any credibility in this conversation for stereotyping everyone who smokes weed into one group, that group being the negative stereotypical "stoner" image. Pot is a medicine, and there are 16 states and the District of Columbia that are recognizing this finally and even more in the process of having it recognized even despite the federal Schedule I listing still. You showed clear signs of complete misinformation on the medicine that is marijuana. "It's pretty obvious what you chose in life"? Wow, my friend. You don't know anyones situation. I am an avid, legal stoner under Prop. 215 in California. Why? Because I have eating disorders, possibly anorexia. I don't eat, and if I do, I get sick a lot of times. But alas, if I smoke, I am able to consume food without throwing up constantly and ending up in the hospital. It also helps greatly with many psychological problems I've had since I was born, along with all the other physical pain that comes along with the eating disorders.

My avatar is a psychedelic pot leaf, and it is that way for a reason. Marijauna is what allows me to live a enjoyable, mental and physical pain free life. If I do not smoke or eat weed, I end up losing a bunch of weight and ending up in the hospital. I'm not smoking just to get high, I'm not smoking to be one of those stereotypical stoners that stands on the corners and in parks "being high". I smoke, and then go about my life free of any pain that I have. And for you to stereotype me, an adult with a job, a full time life, into the same group as "punkass highschool stoners", is nothing more than ignorance. I invite you to do a bit of research on the medical marijuana community, my friend. Because contrary to popular belief, the medical marijuana community is mostly older people, older meaning 50 years+ old, not a bunch of kids just trying to get high. Pot is very meaningful to me, for it is my choice of natural medicine that allows me to live my happy life. I'm not running around stealing stuff to "buy my drugs". I have a job, I make my money like everyone else, but instead of taking prescription opiates like everyone else, I'm giong the natural and effective route, because it works. :)

Get your head out of all that government propaganda bullshit, and do a bit of research on the actual medical benefits of the amazing medicine that is marijuana. There are many, I have experienced them myself first hand.

http://norml.org/

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Reading all this, I think, "Damn, whole world out there." <.<
Compared to a few of you, I've been living a pretty damn sheltered life.

Switch33

Reaction score
When did i claim for you to be a "punkass highschool stoner"? I did no such thing and you clearly getting me out of context since I was just saying-- your credibility seems in question when you seem so "in favor" of something which is pretty much the definition of bias.

I claimed that you at least are in favor of marijuana which was pretty evident-- and I did not try to elaborate on why you use it cause how would I know that? Sure there are medicinal uses and just because I have read Prop. 215 from california and/or some other literature does not mean i am in support of legalizing it. And I'm not against marijuana use as long as it's for real "medical" reasons and it doesn't bother me that some people use it at times to well enjoy it in whatever fashion they want.

I was just trying to get the point that just because you smoke or you don't smoke means NOTHING about inclusion or exclusion in social groups unless your talking about some really funky situation-- like a pot farm where they are paid in smoking marijuana.

Legalizing a drug is a whole different issue unrelated to medicinal use. Many people for instance claimed that if pot is legalized that the US would make more money, which is silly because the general reason why marijuana makes so much money is because it is illegal unless you have medical papers.

On a side note whats with you having 2 different accounts?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
When did i claim for you to be a "punkass highschool stoner"? I did no such thing and you clearly getting me out of context since I was just saying-- your credibility seems in question when you seem so "in favor" of something which is pretty much the definition of bias.

I claimed that you at least are in favor of marijuana which was pretty evident-- and I did not try to elaborate on why you use it cause how would I know that? Sure there are medicinal uses and just because I have read Prop. 215 from california and/or some other literature does not mean i am in support of legalizing it. And I'm not against marijuana use as long as it's for real "medical" reasons and it doesn't bother me that some people use it at times to well enjoy it in whatever fashion they want.

I was just trying to get the point that just because you smoke or you don't smoke means NOTHING about inclusion or exclusion in social groups unless your talking about some really funky situation-- like a pot farm where they are paid in smoking marijuana.

Legalizing a drug is a whole different issue unrelated to medicinal use. Many people for instance claimed that if pot is legalized that the US would make more money, which is silly because the general reason why marijuana makes so much money is because it is illegal unless you have medical papers.

On a side note whats with you having 2 different accounts?

This isn't about legalization of marijuana, so lets not stray. But just because we smoke weed, doesn't make us any less of a person, as you made it seem by saying "It's pretty obvious what you chose in life." and discrediting him based on his pot leaf avatar. Seems like a claim to a bad lifestyle to me, eh?

Errr, I don't have 2 accounts?

>>I was just trying to get the point that just because you smoke or you don't smoke means NOTHING about inclusion or exclusion in social groups
Really? I can't tell you how many times people have stopped talking to me because I smoke. Talking to people on Facebook, add a non-smoker and then tell them you smoke weed. Sure, there are people who aren't going to care, but a lot of people are going to. Same with people who drink alot, non-drinkers aren't going to hang out. Sure, there are people that do, but the majority is going to hang with people of similar interests.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
People getting mad over their weed. Kinda sad tbh.

@fatmankev your right bro.
I agree it is societies fault. However perhaps you can trace the problem back to things such as friends and even parents? Can't just say that because some in society do things, everybody will just follow them.
About that on alcohol in advertisements etc etc, sadly in this new world the only thing most people care about is themselfs and increasing their style of living, meaning they need money (yes that hold greed chapter). They will post adverts on television about things that are only for the older agegroup but still visible to children, because this form of advertising is successful and they take no regard for damage they do, only their sales. Also this mentally interests children who grow up thinking 'when i'm 18 i will...' etc.
There are many to blame.

But like you mentioned, some things are legal and others 'not legal'. I'm quite sure the reason they have set for these products not being legal is not because they want to deprive society and control everybody, but merely protecting individuals due to the damage caused by such products. Yet underground and illegal deals can never be prevented.

But, if one wants to mess up their own body and life, I suppose that is up to them. And personally I don't care if somebody does drugs or overdoses on alcohol, alone. But when they are with people, and endanger other safer lives. That's what I have a problem with. How many drunk drivers cause deaths each year? How many teenagers/young adults end up dead from alcohol/drugs?

And this pressure, influence from those around you. People say they 'cant say no'. But honestly they can, and it's weak not to. Trust me, I am 18.

(bleh, soz if anything i said sounded alil out, hard to type a logical arguement whilest listening to Disturbed -.- )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.