New Marine wars- Help wanted!

H

(ha0s

Hi! I'm busy making a new and better version of marine wars. Do any of you have suggestions for my new map, and i'm hoping to make it a dota style map. What you guys say bout that?

Rad

Reaction score
I say theres already to many dota type maps, actually one was to many for me. Thats all anybody makes, if I'm the only one who objects to that somethings wrong... anyways I'm not supposed to talk about that (help help im being repressed!)

I have never even heard of marine wars, how about a description?

Outbreak191

Reaction score
I have a good idea. If youve ever played Unreal Tourament 2004 theres a mode called Onslaught which I think would go really well on a WC3 map. Heres a description of Onslaught:
here

R

red_rabit

justmake your owne custom map and plx i agree with rad dont use a dota :D

Kenak

Reaction score
The term you're looking for is not "DotA Style Map" but "AoS Style Map" (Aeon of Strife, which means 2 or more bases spawning creeps in waves with towers on each side to create a "tug-of-war" effect. Creeps push one way, reach tower, creeps push the other way, reach tower, going on forever. Thus why each side gets heroes (the players) to change the "balance" of the war and hopefully tip it in their favor =)

Personally, I don't think you should try making an AoS style map because some of the best maps out there are AoS style. It will be very hard for your map to get popular. I suggest you try doing a unique "Marines Arena" type of project. Just my suggestion, though.

And on the terrain, start with City Scape terrain and make the base tileset dirt. The dirt in that "theme" looks 10x better than Lorderon Summer's. You can even do Dalaran Ruins and Outland combined to form a "post apocolyptic" tileset theme. Once again, just a suggestion =)

S

Slaughter

Um, Marine wars is probably something like Footmen Wars, right? Only with rines? It would NOT be an AOS.

H

(ha0s

Thanks guys. I will try my hardest! I'm busy with an rpg at the moment before i try to do a better marine wars. It's called The fountain of youth!

E

Elthanor

I liek the Urnreal tornament onslaught mode alot!

For all of thoes that dont know, its basicly 2 teams fight to command posts, and when you protect your Home base structure. If you comandthe post right outside your base, your Structure your defending is Vulnerable, and you have to destroy it. Im really bad at explaning, but that is the baic. Take over command post and kil the other base.

Would work very well with wc and Marines. Try it out, should be cool! :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.