condition:
   ability being cast = mySpell
Action:
   Set Caster = Triggering unit
Set Target = Target unit of ability being cast
set Temppoint(1) = position of Caster
Set TempPoint(2) = position of target
Turn collision for cast off
move caster instantly to Temppoint(2) offset by 30 towards angle from temppoint(1) to temppoint(2) degrees, facing temppoint(2)
   Pause Target
   Create a special effect attached to overhead of target using Stun-thingy
   cause Caster to Damage Target, dealing 50 damage of attack type normal and dmage type normal

im using tinies map template.
the spell is based on channel.
when i use it, it instantly blinks the caster to the center of the map
i have no idea why.
jpls help

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I don't know why, but if you c'n'p your actual trigger it might help more because I can't see the problem right now, and I'm pretty sure that it isn't the object editor causing that. ;)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Code:
MySpell Kopieren
    Ereignisse
        Einheit - A unit Hört auf, eine Fähigkeit zu wirken
    Bedingungen
        (Ability being cast) Gleich MySpell 
    Aktionen
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set TempPoint[1] = (Position of Caster)
        Set TempPoint[2] = (Position of Target)
        Einheit - Turn collision for Caster Aus
        Einheit - Move Caster instantly to (TempPoint[2] offset by 30.00 towards (Angle from TempPoint[1] to TempPoint[2]) degrees), facing TempPoint[2]
        Einheit - Pause ein Target
        Spezialeffekt - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Target using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderclapTarget.mdl
        Einheit - Cause Caster to damage Target, dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

it's just... german... a little...

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I think it is because you used "Unit - A units stops casting an ability"... It should be "Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability" otherwise I think it won't work. That is the only problem I see... :eek:

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
edit:

Question 30 (allready question 30, i think it will not be more then 100 xD):

I can blink my hero now to the target (in spell i postet before). But there is a way to get such a fancy line (of phoenix attack animation) behind the hero when he blinks. If i do that, the effect just blinks with the hero :(

Code:
MySpell
    Event
        Einheit - A unit starts casting an ability
    Bedingungen
        (Ability being cast) equals MySpell 
    Aktionen
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set TempPoint[1] = (Position of Caster)
        Set TempPoint[2] = (Position of Target)
        Turn collision for Caster Off
        Make Caster Unvulurable
        Create a special effect attached to the hand left of Caster using Abilities\Weapons\PhoenixMissile\Phoenix_Missile.mdl
        Set CoolFist = (Last created special effect)
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Einheit - Move Caster instantly to (TempPoint[2] offset by 30.00 towards (Angle from TempPoint[2] to TempPoint[1]) degrees), facing TempPoint[2]
        Spezialeffekt - Destroy CoolFist
        Einheit - Pause ein Target
        Spezialeffekt - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Target using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderclapTarget.mdl
        Set StunEffect = (Last created special effect)
        Einheit - Cause Caster to damage Target, dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

here is the trigger. How can i do this effectet i said? If you dont understand it of my english, just say it :>

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
the effect i got now, but i want the effect to look such as in the spell as i postet. such as a shoot animation.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Question 31:

Are modelling and skinning difficult? (If you compare them with GUI or Jass.)

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
if u just wanna edit models from warcraft3 using War3 Model editor then not very difficult
but creating a full model from scratch is way more difficult and i suggest u to leave it cuz it gonna take u a while to learn to work properly with this

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Question 32:

I modelled a modell with the war3 modell editor. Now i want to reskin it. Problem: The image extractor cant open it. Can somebody tell me a way to do that?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Question 34: Solved

Im tring to do an on-attack ability. but it shall not run, if the attacking unit misses it's attack. Is there a way to do this?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
what's on attack ability?
and i guess the answer u are looking for is to check if u need is attacking - so simply check it by Detecting when unit perform order of type attack or smart

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
what's on attack ability?

damn! i mean backstab. If the unit is attacked the trigger runs. but if the attack misses the trigger doesn't run. that's it.

and i guess the answer u are looking for is to check if u need is attacking - so simply check it by Detecting when unit perform order of type attack or smart

This one i dont get. I cant use the event "a unit is attacked" because if the attack misses the trigger still runs :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.