No Attachement points !

Zefnar

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Here is my problem : I've downloaded the models attached which contains a cool model of the very famous Dark Templar.

The problem is that this model have 0 Attachement point !

I tried to follow the tutorial to add them, but i'm a newbie in Gmax and all my tries were wasted (No animation or strange pos of points), and i spent 1 day to try to understand the mechanisms of Gmax.

I tried to create them, then attached them to bones but i failed.

I ask here if anyone can help me to create attachment points and/or explain me simply how to do it.

I need this model to create my hero and i didn't find any other on the net (Campaign Creator nor Hive)

That'd be kind of you.

Zefnar.

Attachments

• DarkTemplar.zip
    216.7 KB · Views: 126

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Yeah I'll help you. Where do you want attachment points, and what names?

EDIT: The model does have attachment points, lots in fact. The strings to use are origin, overhead, chest, head, hand left, hand right and weapon.

Zefnar

Reaction score
Very ty :thup:, but I'd like to purpose a new hero for DotA on dota-allstars forum based on this model. And, for exemple, bloodlust doesn't show any red orb on hands (that's mean, i guess, that the string of attachment point is different than in the game). And that will be a problem because when Chen will use his slow (for example) the 2 light orbs wont be shown :(. So i need a portable model than can be used easily.

So what should i do if i want to have same strings than in the game? Convert MDX to MDL and editing some lines? If yes, which one(s)?

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
The problem has nothing to do with the actual attachment points. It was something to do with the exact way the file was generated by whatever program the modeller made it with. Resaving it (with no modifications) in Magos' Model Editor fixed the problem completely. Replace the DarkTemplar.mdx file that you downloaded with this one:

Attachments

• DarkTemplar.mdx
    166.4 KB · Views: 131
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.