No Experience and Trigger

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
Another one of my questions threads. :rolleyes:

Okay so I have two questions:
1: How can I make a monster not give experience to a hero when killed?

2: How can I spawn units from a point constantly as soon as a hero enters a region? (I want the units to spawn from a point and start running down, attacking anything in their way to a certain point and then stop)

Thanks for your help and +rep as always :D

RoarMan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure in the Object editor you can set the EXP the killed unit gives. As for the spawning units from a point constantly, use the Unit enters Region event.

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Another one of my questions threads. :rolleyes:

Okay so I have two questions:
1: How can I make a monster not give experience to a hero when killed?

2: How can I spawn units from a point constantly as soon as a hero enters a region? (I want the units to spawn from a point and start running down, attacking anything in their way to a certain point and then stop)

Thanks for your help and +rep as always :D

Nothing wrong with questions. You can set expierence rate for all players using this trigger.

Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 0.00% experience from future kills

I believe you can also turn off expierence using the gameplay constants.

If you want a specific monster not giving expierence, I believe it's based off his level - so you'd have to find the # of exp given and just add negative expierence.

You could also turn off all expierence and just trigger it all with expierence addition triggers.

For #2, you could create a trigger that enables another trigger as soon as a hero enters the region. The other trigger could have a Every x seconds event, creating the unit and giving them the orders to move down.

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
I don't think the EXP is in the object editor list. I'm editing a ghoul to give no EXP and all I see in the stats column that affects its drops are "gold bounty" and "lumber bounty"

EDIT: Ah okay thanks for your help Cloak_Master!

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
For #2, you could create a trigger that enables another trigger as soon as a hero enters the region. The other trigger could have a Every x seconds event, creating the unit and giving them the orders to move down.

Could you explain this a little more? By my interpretation of this, wouldn't the every x seconds event occur from the beginning of the game and not need to be triggered?

Also, how do I get one trigger to enable another trigger?

Thanks again :)

Reaction score
How can I make a monster not give experience to a hero when killed?

Advanced - Gameplay Constants - Hero Creep Reduction Table

Alternatively trigger all of the experience in the game.

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Have one trigger that is by default, off. You can do this by enabling the "initially on" box.

Have another trigger that is by default, on. Have this trigger detect when the unit enters the region, then use "Trigger - turn on Trigger 1". This will turn on the first trigger, "enabling" it.

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
I think there is a problem with my spawning trigger. No monsters are spawning.

Code:
Spawning Ghouls
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Ghoul for Player 9 (Gray) at (Center of Spawning Point <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Ground (Center of End Spawn Point <gen>)

EDIT: Okay I just got it to work by removing the conditions line. However, how do I pause this trigger until a hero enters the region? (Another one of my triggers) This automatically runs in the beginning of the game right now

RoarMan

Reaction score
Code:
Spawning Ghouls
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Whetever Region You're Using)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Ghoul for Player 9 (Gray) at (Center of Spawning Point <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Ground (Center of End Spawn Point <gen>)

This would create a unit that spawns everytime the unit enters the area. However, it would not be periodic. Periodically, there are several ways of doing it. One way is through multiple triggers, the other is making a dummy unit that has an aura and checking for the buff.

The multiple trigger way.

Code:
Spawn Start
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Whetever Region You're Using)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn on (Spawn)

Code:
Spawn
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions

Code:
Spawn Start
    Events
        Unit - A unit leaves (Whetever Region You're Using)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (Spawn)

The trigger Spawn would have to by Initially Off to make the creeps not constantly spawn but only when you want it to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.