Snippet No Leavers

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Dude, you know how cool this is?! It would be better if it was a game command - like typing -nlon/-nloff to disable/enable leaving. Good job +rep

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, you know how cool this is?! It would be better if it was a game command - like typing -nlon/-nloff to disable/enable leaving. Good job +rep

Now if this could stop ppl from alt-tabbing out... xD jking. Nice find.

Thanks.. But, it stops nearly everything happening in game.
You can't select a unit if the refresh rate is too low.

Although, if there was a way of detecting when a player presses a "button" (Like move, hero abilities, etc) then I could work around it.
I've made everything.. except for the event :D

Then again, this could still work on things like Azeroth Grand Prix, or/and minigames.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
hehehe... this will be perfect for when i own people using commands that really screw up the game. >=)

lol jk..... or am i...

A little of both actually. For example, you make a gold command and people don't like cheaters or leave because you don't give them gold.

Of course that will be rude and selfish.

meh... I'd just use it to screw around with stuff, like make some commands that change the terrain massively to one terrain or the black terrain, and make some size modifying commands and what not that really aren't benificial in any way possible. But a command that kills someone........... ok that might be much.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its so deliciously evil.
:D

It's evil eh?
Although it doesn't work as intended... I guess it could be used as "punishment" :rolleyes: :p

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
rrright... i'll use it as "Punishment", if you know what i'm saying.

the fun thing about this is, noone can leave like if you're horribly screwing everything up.

Everyone has to have fun like this once in a while.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Just thought of something which might redeem the usefulness of this (not sure if it has been mentioned before)

If you could specify exactly which players were prevented from leaving through a chat command, but you also had the option of giving them back the ability to leave.

Let's say Player 5 was being an ass, and I type -leaveoff 5. Player 5 should be prevented from leaving. But, for the remainder of the game, his/her behaviour improves, so I feel he/she shouldn't be punished any longer and I type -leaveon 5, allowing him/her to leave the game if he/she wants/needs, or if the game ends :p

Or does ForceUICancel affect all players (if so, this idea is pretty much out the window :()

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just thought of something which might redeem the usefulness of this (not sure if it has been mentioned before)

If you could specify exactly which players were prevented from leaving through a chat command, but you also had the option of giving them back the ability to leave.

Let's say Player 5 was being an ass, and I type -leaveoff 5. Player 5 should be prevented from leaving. But, for the remainder of the game, his/her behaviour improves, so I feel he/she shouldn't be punished any longer and I type -leaveon 5, allowing him/her to leave the game if he/she wants/needs, or if the game ends :p

Or does ForceUICancel affect all players (if so, this idea is pretty much out the window :()

It does, But I'm already using GetLocalPlayer anyway. (For the exceptions)

Another thing I noticed with this was that if you make the refresh time about 0.2, It still becomes impossible to leave, but you can still select and move units. So maps where you don't need to build can still benefit from this.

As for your suggestion. I'm working on it now :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. Made it so that this is usable as a punishment. It can also be used in the old way by setting the PUNISH boolean to false.

Simply use "PREFIX <PlayerNumber>" to punish them and unpunish them.
For example:
-punish 1

The ADMIN_PLAYER can't be punished.

It doesn't crash if you use "PREFIX <String>" for example:
-unpunish CRASH! OH. DAMN!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question.
Would it be easier to leave wc3 if your playing windowed?

I don't think so.
Pressing the X button won't close it.
Although it'd allow you to access the Control Panel easier.

Why're you asking?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
The ADMIN_PLAYER can't be punished.
Hmmm... what if the map's host was the one being a c*nt? :p I guess you could just use Player (12) (or whatever that particular Neutral is called in GUI)

Maybe (just maybe, I can't be expecting you to make every single addition I suggest =D) a Vote Punish thing, whereby a dialog appears (or perhaps it just prompts you to enter -yes or -no) and at the end, all votes for that player are totalled and if yes > no, the player is pnuished

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm... what if the map's host was the one being a c*nt? :p I guess you could just use Player (12) (or whatever that particular Neutral is called in GUI)

Maybe (just maybe, I can't be expecting you to make every single addition I suggest =D) a Vote Punish thing, whereby a dialog appears (or perhaps it just prompts you to enter -yes or -no) and at the end, all votes for that player are totalled and if yes > no, the player is pnuished

Hmm... Well. Can't you just use some other vote system, then call the function after? :p

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
=[;; You cant exactly do much in the game anymore with this system (Selection of units/Targeted Abilities/Awesomeness are all nullified)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
this should be toggleable on and off

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'll either remove this from my archive, or add a note saying it's 'discontinued'.
I made it ages ago. It's not perfectly coded, and there are too many drawbacks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.