WIP No-Name Arena

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
[ARENA] Mirage Island

Mirage Island
by BlackRose

Last updated: Saturday, 4 April 2009

PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS A WIP (WORK-IN-PROGRESS), THINGS MAY CHANGE FROM WHAT THEY ARE HERE!

---------------------------------------------------------

Far away exist an island that can be seen only by few, legends claim that is a serene tropical island, but this island holds a secret. This island is a battlefield for the powerful. - PENDING, SOMEONE GIVE ME A BETTER DESCRIPTION.

This is the first ever, I mean first... project that I have ever released... or want to release... or will release :). What I am making is a hero arena......

Duh? You pick a hero and do magic stuff to knock each other dead :)

Right now, I am thinking of:

• Up to 10 players
  • Team Battle / FFA
  • Fancy spells.

Currently it is me working on this alone, but there are contributors and suggesters and of course, testers :) But it's no where near testing phase.

"You've posted this... what do you want us to do about it.......?"

Just look at it, tell me your opinions.

"What coding?"
GUI and JASS.

"When can we expect a BETA or something?"
Erm... when I get time to do it, after like finishing 2 assignments :(

Screenshots

Faerie Dragon: Energy Vortex (Ultimate, see below)
exampleenergyvortex.jpg

Fire Demon: Fire Rush
examplefirerush.jpg

Top Base
examplebasetop.jpg

Ruins Terraining - NEW

exampleruins.jpg

HEROES / ABILITIES:

Faerie Dragon: Intelligence hero that excels in quick AOE spells, with a powerful mana-depleting ultimate.

Ish'teyon serves from the Faerie Dragon kingdom of A'leshka. Containing within this Faerie Dragon is the fury of light matter, releasing it whether it be in powerful burst, a magical chain that powers up with each extension, or a dramatic spiral of anti-energy that siphons the energy off those foolish enough to stand within the opening of the spiral.

[Light Burst] - AOE Damage. (See Light Burst Thread)
[Holy Chain] - It's a Chain Lightning that deals extra damage on each extension.
[Phase Shift] - Blink!
[Energy Vortex] - Creates a swirling vortex of energy matter, damages and drains mana.

Fire Demon:
NO STORY, THERE IS IN GAME, BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO BE IT.

[Fire Rush] - Sends out a fast trail of hotness that booms enemy units hit, very long range.
[Lava Spawns] - Summons lava spawns that multiply over a short time, but they don't last long.

Wind Spirit:

Malygos origins are unknown, but legends has it that he was once the sky god himself, deprived of his power but left with enough to be a competitive force. Malygos, the Wind Spirit has within him the power of a cyclone, by simply flapping his wings, Malygos can unleash this cyclone with more force than any natural cyclone, so powerful that they swoop all off the ground, maintaning them within a vortex of gust.

[Fly] - Flies up above terrain, increasing movespeed and base damage, and base cooldown.

What's been done:
*Terrraining is about 610% completed.
*Gameplay triggers (Hero Picking) has been completed.
*Unstuck command.
*Bases are nearly completed.
*I'm not expert at modelling, but I've added fire to the Unbroken (Fire Demon)'s model.
*Modes: FFA/Teams
*Multiboard nearly!

*No items yet.... YET!!
*Only 3 heroes.
*Only 1 hero has been done.
*Only 2 triggered spells.

CREDITS SO FAR:
See in-game in Quest Log.
*Imageshack
*TheHelper

Map Info:
You may only test hero skills for now.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Eh, looks pretty cool I guess. :thup:

Terrain looks OK.

Waiting for more info! :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Eh, looks pretty cool I guess. :thup:

Terrain looks OK.

Waiting for more info! :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Damn right it looks cool :).

Well, terrain is not done yet....

You'll get your info later :).

BTW, what is Hai-Bye-Vine... your 'signature' or something?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Looks pretty neat. Hopefully a nice map comes out of this :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Interesting :)
The map seems to be focused on sfx. I like it :D
Anyway, are there any modes and stuff?
Finally, the terrain is rather plain. There isn't really much tile variation.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Er... it's not finished yet. It's a WIP, it will be different.

The map seems to be focused on sfx.
Finally someone figured that out :)

I will find more models, but it's not finished yet!

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I'll have to give it a try when I get back home (posting from school), but I would recommend a different model for the Fire Demon, as the Faceless (red squids - or were the Faceless the purple ones? :confused:) really don't suit it. :p

Unless you attach fire to him.
That would be cool. :cool:

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
So this is the arena you're been making..

Pretty nice, I like it better when it's centered on SFX and eye-candy..gj:thup:

Terrain needs a some more improvement. Because it's Sunken Ruins tileset used, make it more of a lush tropical jungle, very dense, foggy, plenty of trees and foliage but make sure to make the pathability balanced, and enough for a regular battle (I mean the amount space where the combatants fight off, you don't want rocks and trees all over the place where the players can't even move!:eek:).

Anyways, good luck with your map!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I figured you might need some ideas on your heroes...

Fire Demon:

[Fire Rush] - Sends out a fast trail of hotness that booms enemy units hit, very long range.
[Lava Spawns] - Summons lava spawns that multiply over a short time, but they don't last long. These can explode.
[Blazing Grip] - The Fire Demons arms are mutated; he can shoot them extreme distances and grip enemies, dealing periodic damage, and holding the Fire Demon and the enemy in place.
[Flame Portal] - Creates a flaming portal at a target point and near the Fire Demon. Long distance; when the portal is created, it deals AoE damage, and any allied units can travel between the two portals.

Wind Spirit:

[Fly] - Flies up above terrain, increasing movespeed and base damage, and base cooldown.
[Vortex Wall] - Creates a wall of wind between the Wind Spirit and a point. If an enemy is caught in the Vortex Wall, they are hit by the spell "Tornado", and if an enemy comes close to the wall, they are knocked back.
[Sonic Boom] - Lets out a wave that slows enemies and increases the Wind Spirits speed; deals minor damage.
[Aerothrash] - Deals medium damage, throws an enemy into the air, slows them, and makes them only be able to fly for a period of time.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Something that'd be awesome would have some kinda smashing tool that when a unit is smashed, it has its death animation played really fast to look like it was squished!

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
ZeroThirteen: I'm considering editing the Fire Demon's model so its more red and has a fire particle attached to it, I don't want to use that Fire Doodad attached to it.

so this is the arena you're been making..

Pretty nice, i like it better when it's centered on sfx and eye-candy..gj:thup:

Terrain needs a some more improvement. Because it's sunken ruins tileset used, make it more of a lush tropical jungle, very dense, foggy, plenty of trees and foliage but make sure to make the pathability balanced, and enough for a regular battle (i mean the amount space where the combatants fight off, you don't want rocks and trees all over the place where the players can't even move!:eek:).

Anyways, good luck with your map!

-- umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

i figured you might need some ideas on your heroes...

fire demon:

[fire rush] - sends out a fast trail of hotness that booms enemy units hit, very long range.
[lava spawns] - summons lava spawns that multiply over a short time, but they don't last long. These can explode.
[blazing grip] - the fire demons arms are mutated; he can shoot them extreme distances and grip enemies, dealing periodic damage, and holding the fire demon and the enemy in place.
[flame portal] - creates a flaming portal at a target point and near the fire demon. Long distance; when the portal is created, it deals aoe damage, and any allied units can travel between the two portals.

wind spirit:

[fly] - flies up above terrain, increasing movespeed and base damage, and base cooldown.
[vortex wall] - creates a wall of wind between the wind spirit and a point. If an enemy is caught in the vortex wall, they are hit by the spell "tornado", and if an enemy comes close to the wall, they are knocked back.
[sonic boom] - lets out a wave that slows enemies and increases the wind spirits speed; deals minor damage.
[aerothrash] - deals medium damage, throws an enemy into the air, slows them, and makes them only be able to fly for a period of time.

Fire Demon: You think Flame Portal can be coded :O.... right now I can only think of a Waygate as transportation :O

Wind Spirit: I like Sonic Boom idea, it sounds good and suits.... I will work on this and :)

something that'd be awesome would have some kinda smashing tool that when a unit is smashed, it has its death animation played really fast to look like it was squished!

??? you mean ability or item :) Anyways, I'm thinking of what you said as a comedy thing in how people get hammers in TV and hit someone and they shrink??? Warcraft III graphics are all bloody :O, so that wouldn't be great...

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I like the Faerie Dragon's Ultimate but the Chain thingy is not really suiting (dunno why). Maybe give the Faerie Dragon some delayed nuke that does damage to an AoE.
The skill could be called "Mystic Light". It creates a special effect at the target point then a few secods later light comes down, dealing damage and making units in the area have a chance to miss.

Fire Rush is quite good, it is a nice long ranged nuke. Maybe make him have a skill that is quite similar to Fire Rush but it does less damage, has stun and moves the hero to the target point. Then you can Fire Rush and then use that other skill. You damage the enemies, damage them again, stun them and moves your hero there and start whacking them to hell with your Lava Spawns.
Then maybe the hero's ultimate could be to make Meteors fall from the sky and stun. Then the hero will be able to whack the enemy like hell with his Lava Spawns. The Meteors could also make the Lava Spawn have more attack damage each time a Meteor falls near a Lava Spawn.

The Wind Spirit should have some skills that complement his "Fly" skill. So maybe some skills to chase. A suggestion would be to create some spell with a cyclone effect that sucks, slow and damage. Then another skill could be to create a current of wind which starts from the target point and moves towards you. Then you can position yourself for this skill using the "fly" ability.

Overall its rather entertaining, but the spells could be better :p

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Couple questions:

1. What sets your arena apart from others? (What does it have in common? What's different?)

2. Does your map have an AI to play against?

The heroes sound interesting to play as, but I don't see much other than a description of the heroes. You mentioned team bases, does this have much effect on the gameplay?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
1. What sets your arena apart from others? (What does it have in common? What's different?)
Common:
  • Kill kill kill!
Different:
  • Terrain.
  • It's based on special effects.
  • It has a few extra secrets.
2. Does your map have an AI to play against?
I am not very good with AI, I don't even know how to make an AI, if someone would like to develop an AI for this when this map is nearing completion, please contact me.

The heroes sound interesting to play as, but I don't see much other than a description of the heroes.?
What do you mean by "but I don't see much other than a description of the heroes"?

You mentioned team bases, does this have much effect on the gameplay?

Well, it's a safe zone, its regeneration is only of 5HP and 4MP per second. It greatly affects gameplay, its a SAFE ZONE, so you could spam from there, but it's not wise as mana regeneration is not that high, and it's possible to still kill while they are in the safe zone, the fountain also attacks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.