Obama Scandal and Today's Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
To Liberals, Left Wingers, and any Obama finatics reading this: I beg that you at least skim through this post, and give me your opinion. If you feel like flaming, go ahead and PM me it. I want opinions from both sides.

As you may have heard, Obama may be facing major fallout from last weeks firing of Inspector General, Gerald Walpin.

The job of an IG is to investigate suspicious spending of tax-payer money. Walpin was assigned by his boss to investigate Sacramento mayor, politcal advisor and friend to President Obama, Kevin Johnson. Walpin found evidence suggesting Johnson was using federal grants to pay for ridicuolous things, such as getting his car washed.

Back in 2008, Obama helped pass the 2008 Inspectors General Reform Act. It states that there must be 30 days notice when firing an IG, as well as cause. Walpin claims neither took place. If true Obama may have broken an act that he helped pass.

Now here's what I want to know.. Where's the news coverage? CNN's got nothing of the sort on their website, just go there yourself and search the website. Not a thing. Keith Olbermann hasn't mentioned it. NY Times? Nope. My reason for posting this evening isn't to vent, it's not to get attention, but that I want to get the message out. I don't want to live in a country where the President can fire someone in charge of watching how OUR tax money is spent without reason, and more shockingly by disobeying an act that he supported.

The left wing media praises Obama, he's their savior, he's their messiah. Hence the reason they refuse to report on Walpin. And it's not just this. The liberal media has had their head up their a** for a long time now, and in my opinion Fox news hasn't done a very good job at reporting the corruption in the government either. And I'm not just singling out leftists, it's widespread on both sides.

Think about this for a moment: The average Congressman (or woman) has a $174k salary, which in January was raised from $169k (keep in mind thats your tax money). And guess who has the say in raising their salary? Congress. When you feel you need a pay raise, an average person goes to their boss. Well all they have to do is vote on it, and who would vote no? Great! While millions of Americans are losing their jobs, Congress is raising their pay. Not only that but we have congressmen lying on their personal financial forms, accepting bribes from lobbyists, or taking advantage of campaign fundraisers.

Nothing short of a revolution could fix this mess we're in. I wish it wasn't so, I wish Obama could fix everything he said he would. But he's just a community organizer, what does he know? I'm not saying I know what to do. But I know National Healthcare, Bailouts, and Growing Government aren't gonna do it.

I plan on creating a blog to express my views, so if you've got any comments/opinions.. Please share! I welcome and respect anyone's view.

Last edited by a moderator:

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
the government is corrupt and injust and abusive as it is just, kind, and rewarding.

now id love to throw a rebellion but no one i know is really up for one.

for future rebellion recruiters you can reach me at (352)-286-7486

n[u]ll

Reaction score
the government is corrupt and injust and abusive as it is just, kind, and rewarding.

Just, Kind, and Rewarding.. Have any examples?

Firing Walpin, very just.
Kind is letting millions of illegal immigrants in this country to steal our jobs and steal and murder?
And taxing over 50% of the income of the people who work the hardest to make a living? very rewarding.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Just, Kind, and Rewarding.. Have any examples?

Firing Walpin, very just.
Kind is letting millions of immigrants in this country to steal our jobs and steal and murder?
And taxing over 50% of the income of the people who work the hardest to make a living? very rewarding.

i wasn't talking about one man my friend.
let me refrase.
there are some people in the government who are one side, some that are both, and some that are the other side.

but one thing i find to be off is that, if you really want to view this as your country, talk to the indians :p. Becous im a immigrant, kind of toke offense to that one mate, becous i don't kill or steal, but i do work at a fast food joint.

Seb!

Reaction score
As you may have heard, Obama may be facing major fallout from last weeks firing of Inspector General, Gerald Walpin.

If this angers you so much, the various unconstitutional acts (including multiple firings) of the Bush Administration must have really grinded your gears..

Also, there was a reason for the firing: Obama (and two senate board leaders, a democrat and a republican) disliked the way that he had been handling investigations. But seriously, if this issue is so big that it causes you to throw around words like "liberal media" and Obama "finatics", then you must have been asleep for the last eight years.

n[u]ll

Reaction score
but one thing i find to be off is that, if you really want to view this as your country, talk to the indians :p. Becous im a immigrant, kind of toke offense to that one mate, becous i don't kill or steal, but i do work at a fast food joint.

My bad, I honestly didn't mean immigrants, I meant illegal immigrants. I have absolutely no problem with legal immigrants, the more the better. That's what America is, that's the beauty of it. All the culture and indivdualism we have is because of immigration.

It's illegal immigration that really hurts. They don't pay taxes, but take all the benifits of being a citizen.

If this angers you so much, the various unconstitutional acts (including multiple firings) of the Bush Administration must have really grinded your gears..

Also, there was a reason for the firing: Obama (and two senate board leaders, a democrat and a republican) disliked the way that he had been handling investigations. But seriously, if this issue is so big that it causes you to throw around words like "liberal media" and Obama "finatics", then you must have been asleep for the last eight years.

Bush angers me more than Obama has. He is a disgrace. Yet, his opponent was no better. We've reached a point where the best and the brightest are not pursuing a political career, rather the greedy and deceitful are.

"disliked the way that he had been handling investigations" sounds very just to me, I mean that's just so specific! (/sarcasm)

And sir, if you think the terms "liberal media", or "Obama finatics" are offensive or demeaning, then my friend, enjoy the Kool-Aid.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
How did you get this number? I think you're not quite clear on how taxation works in the US...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Illegal immigrants don't pay taxes?

Which questionable sources are telling you this?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score

Or watched the news during the election and saw the psychopaths?

Besides that, people did posts like this during the Bush Admin too. A lot.

Faust

Reaction score
Your post fails because:

Fox news hasn't done a very good job at reporting the corruption in the government either.

Also, stop whining foolish little American. Of all countries, America is the most easiest to manipulate. And the most whiny and ignorant.

And Obama may had no written right to do it, but he still can.
Why? Because he can and that's it.
Shut up about a few stolen bucks from the billions and see what he will actually do.

I'm sick and tired of the whining about TAXES.
As far as anyone should be concerned, your government can take 99.99% of your earned money in taxes, as long as you are not dying to hunger.

Goddamn stupid ignorant selfish morons.
Just pay your goddamn taxes and shut up until your country is breaking down.

Think globally, act locally.

And sorry for the foul language.

n[u]ll

Reaction score
How did you get this number? I think you're not quite clear on how taxation works in the US...
If I own my own business and make upwards a salary of $300k. I get a 33% federal income tax, and 11% state tax. Since I own my own business I would pay 12.4% in Social Security taxes. (Because I am both the employee and employer).
Illegal immigrants don't pay taxes?

Which questionable sources are telling you this?

There's no real solid numbers. For one, estimates of illegals in the country range from 8 to 40 million. I assume that many are payed "under the counter". The others who are payed in the normal way can easily evade taxes, as the audit rate for those making under $100k is 1 in 164.

There is a decent amount of illegal aliens that do infact pay taxes. But having said that, they also receive benefits from the goverment. And the benefits outweigh the taxes they pay. Check this study (yes it is old, but there are very few studies on this topic, and none have detail like this).

Edit
@Faust
Not to flame but... I just love the American-ignorance stereotype. What is it? Jealousy of us being the world superpower? Actually your post shows how ignorant you are, good sir. "Because he can and that's it" oh yah, that's a great reason. Maybe I should go out and shoot my neighbor. Is it right? Of course not! But I can, and according to your philosiphy, it's OK.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
If I own my own business and make upwards a salary of $300k. I get a 33% federal income tax, and 11% state tax. Since I own my own business I would pay 12.4% in Social Security taxes. (Because I am both the employee and employer).
Ah, so you're defining business owners making over $300K as the hardest workers in society?

Not to say they aren't generally hard workers, but...
Interesting.

Seb!

Reaction score

Yes, well, the government has to pay for things. And if the largest tax burden were held by less lucrative small businesses and private individuals, then it would be less likely that you could make it to $300k a year.

n[u]ll

Reaction score
Yes, well, the government has to pay for things.

And so they should raise taxes while government spending is going off the charts?

Can I ask you this, do you think it's fair if I go to college, become successful because I worked hard, only to have nearly half my income to be taken, then given to a family of immigrants here illegally who don't pay taxes?

Seb!

Reaction score
And so they should raise taxes while government spending is going off the charts?

They have to.. or the economy would completely die and you certainly would not be able to make as much money as you could in a stimulated economy.

Can I ask you this, do you think it's fair if I go to college, become successful because I worked hard, only to have nearly half my income to be taken, then given to a family of immigrants here illegally who don't pay taxes?

It's not given to a family of immigrants (most likely your relatives.. unless you're a Native American), it goes into helping you go to school, providing upkeep for the roads you drive on, funding your military, aiding your disaster-struck fellow civilians, and paying for police, fire fighters, ambulances, and all the wonderful privileges you have access to (because you were born in the right place).

If you really worked hard enough, you would not have to whine about paying your fair share, because you know that you still have enough money to pay for everything you need, unlike a vast majority of the rest of the world.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Not to mention, if you're making $300K as a business owner, you're arguably in a social group of people likely to be benefitting more from cheap labour than hurting from the immigrant's extremely minor effect on the budget.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
I still don't get it.
people here are so greedy its not funny.

The reason the pay the taxes is to help the state function better, to get all the things they need etc etc, but they put themselfs ahead of the poor, or even just their community. even when they make 300K a year! i mean you can aford to be paying more taxes! and it will help your fellow man!

n[u]ll

Reaction score
They have to.. or the economy would completely die and you certainly would not be able to make as much money as you could in a stimulated economy.
I was being sarcastic.. My point was that they need to stop the useless governement spending/corruption.

It's not given to a family of immigrants (most likely your relatives.. unless you're a Native American), it goes into helping you go to school, providing upkeep for the roads you drive on, funding your military, aiding your disaster-struck fellow civilians, and paying for police, fire fighters, ambulances, and all the wonderful privileges you have access to (because you were born in the right place).
If that were true then I would have no problem paying near half of my income in taxes. But it's not.
15% of it goes to Social Security, which I'm probably not going to see much of it as the worker to beneficiary ratio is steadily dropping. Other portions go to services that I will never need.

I still don't get it.
people here are so greedy its not funny.
Greedy is wanting at least half of the money I earned?

Spreading the wealth.. Yes it's great on paper but it can never work. It's just going to lead to communism

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Spreading the wealth.. Yes it's great on paper but it can never work. It's just going to lead to communism
Ugh, do we really need to start throwing around the numbers that show how well European welfare states function?

Nothing leads to Communism, at least not in the horrible sense. Even in the case of the USSR, to start a rebellion, Lenin rejected the basic starting points of Marx's theory of inevitability and replaced them with some BS about accelerating the process because we can. Well, that process that Marx predicted never happened because people proved more capable of compromise than the political theorists of Marx's time guessed (ie unions actually working). It might be pointed out here that even Lenin, after the Reds had taken over, realised that, at least in the temporary sense, compromise with a free market system was the best option (NEP!). Communism, at least in the sense as Marx predicted it, never happened. And when it did 'happen,' it was twisted beyond recognition.
What's my point? Well, for starters, we should stop being paranoid of Communism, because smoothly transitioning into a welfare state would never turn into anything even remotely resembling the violence-born terror states of the 20th century; for that matter, those systems decay over time, not grow stronger.

You can go tell the Europeans who are laughing at us about how much their welfare system sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.