Object Editor issue with Life Drain

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
All I'm trying to do is make Life Drain last 5 seconds, and for EACH SECOND, drain 108 health.

The object editor has this in there, but it doesn't do what it says it does.

Here are the relevant data fields:

PHP:
Data - Drain Interval (seconds): 1.00
Data - Hit Points Drained: 540.00
Data - Life Transferred Per Second: 108.00
Stats - Duration - Hero: 5.00

I figured out that Drain Interval determines how long the spell lasts. Setting it to 1 second makes the spell only last 1 second. If I set it to 5, however, NO health is transferred until 5 seconds have passed :banghead:

How can I make it so that it just transfers 108 health every 1 second for 5 seconds?

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Data - Hit Points Drained: 108
Data - Life Transferred Per Second: 0
Stats - Duration - Normal: 5.00

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Data - Hit Points Drained: 108
Data - Life Transferred Per Second: 0
Stats - Duration - Normal: 5.00

Thanks, but this didn't fix it. This made the spell last 1 second and drain 108 health, instead of lasting 5 seconds and draining 108 health per second (For a total of 540).

Any other suggestions? Still not sure why this doesn't work.

Something to note is that I can set the drain interval to 0, and it lasts the full 5 seconds, except that it instantly kills the target, haha.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Something to note is that I can set the drain interval to 0, and it lasts the full 5 seconds, except that it instantly kills the target, haha.
Because its draining 108 hp every 0.00 seconds.

Any way here is a test map of the Life Drain.
I edited the original skill.

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Because its draining 108 hp every 0.00 seconds.

Yes, I know, haha. Just wanted to play with the options.

After more playing with the options, I just discovered that it requires AoE. No idea why. Pretty peculiar. I reset it to default (950 range AoE) and it works as intended. Hopefully it doesn't affect other nearby targets...guess I'll have to test that as well =\

Edit: Nope, doesn't affect nearby targets. Yay for a great example of the object editor doing something other than what it says it does.

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Thanks, but this didn't fix it. This made the spell last 1 second and drain 108 health, instead of lasting 5 seconds and draining 108 health per second (For a total of 540).

Any other suggestions? Still not sure why this doesn't work.

That works exactly as you said in my map... The drain interval is how often health is transferred, not how long the spell lasts.

Edit - Yeah, it has to have an area of effect... that is the range that the unit has to be in for the spell to keep casting. The 'cast range' is the range in which the unit has to be to initially cast the spell.

So add that in as well and use what I had and it will work fine.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I'll explain the fields for the Drain ability:

* Bonus Life/Mana Factor - When you reach maximum health/mana, this real value determines the percentage of bonus hit points/mana gained by exceeding the caster's maximum health/mana limit while "over-draining".

* Bonus Life/Mana Decay - Determines the rate of which bonus health/mana fades.

Drain Interval (seconds) - Determines the seconds in-between "ticks", a low interval will cause the drain to appear constant while a large interval will make the drain ticks spike.

Hit Points/Mana Drained - Determines the amount of health/mana stolen from an enemy unit.

* Life/Mana Transferred Per Second - Determines the amount of health/mana transfered to a friendly unit.

Area of Effect - Determines the leash range on the spell. When the target goes outside of the leash range, the spell is interrupted. The leash range must be larger than the cast range.

Buffs - Lists all the possible buffs, however the buffs used by the spell is determined by the data fields rather than the buff field.

Cast Range - Obvious.

Duration - The channel duration. Together with the drain interval, determines how much health the spell drains in total.

All fields marked with a * are specific to Siphon Mana and won't necessarily work with Life Drain. Note that the spell's behavior is determined by the data fields, including allowed targets. For instance, Life Drain stops working if you set the hit points drained per second to 0.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.