Open maps made in WE, in Newgen editor!?

RockLou

Reaction score
How can I change the triggers that I've made in WEU editor, so that I can open them in Newgen? It sais that several of the triggers, like 'CreateUnitAtLoc' and 'ChangeColorOfUnit' and weird stuff like that doesn't work in Newgen, and it crashes.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
1. WEU sucks, it offers some protection to your maps but its too buggy. Its added GUI functions leak.
2. You're going to have to get rid of the WEU GUI functions or convert the triggers w/ em to custom text.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I think there is something in NewGen for WEU. I think it is Extensions > Integrate WEU or something like that... I'm not sure what it does though, check in the manual for NewGen.

RockLou

Reaction score
There is really only one thing I want, and that is unlimited doodads. Is there any other way to do that other than Newgen?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
!Offtopic
Don't ever use WEU, it can corrupt your map or bugg your whole WE. I had problems for about a week after downloading it (solved somehow yesterday), it it kept on bugging even after reinstalling wc3 three times.

Prometheus

Reaction score
You can do that in New Gen. Look at the added menu bar menus.

RockLou

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with WEU at all.

But if you read the question more closely, I was asking for a way to have unlimited doodads, without using Newgen.

Zaraf

Reaction score
If you want to open your map in Jass New Gen Pack, and you havd WEU stuff in it, then you need to do 3 steps:

1. Enable UMSWE under the UMSWE menu
2. Enable No Limits under the Grimoire menu
3. Restart the editor

Also take note that you should see a UMSWE splash screen when you load up New Gen now. If you do not (and see the white normal WE splash screen), close and restart again. Once you see the UMSWE splash screen, you should be able to open your map.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
There is really only one thing I want, and that is unlimited doodads.

These limits exist for a reason...

I personally wouldn't play a game which lags tremendously because of the heavy usage of doodads.

But it's just me, then again.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
These limits exist for a reason...

I personally wouldn't play a game which lags tremendously because of the heavy usage of doodads.

But it's just me, then again.

The limit is a bit unreasonable. I have a 256x256 map which only uses normal trees, but it breaks the limit by a lot, and it's not completely covered with trees. It doesn't necessarily mean the game will lag at all. The lag usually comes from having tons of things on screen, or having tons of units.

Razed

Reaction score
Only advice I will give you. Remove WEU from your computer and get Newgen. I've had the same problem. Been working on a map for over 20 hours, but when I had the doodadd limit problem I wanted to open my map in Newgen. First thing he said it wasn't possible cuz of triggers that only work in WEU.

So I changed the triggers, and everything was set. I tried to open it in Newgen, yay! It worked. I tried to save it, yay! IT FAILED! I had over 100.000 errors found at the ''what's it called again?''.

So a tip. If you use WEU for some map, don't change editor in the middle of it, or you're screwed. Use Newgen from the start.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I don't know if you can, but maybe override the doodad limit by adding trees with triggers?

Zaraf

Reaction score
You guys don't seem to realize that New Gen has various features which can be DISABLED or ENABLED. If you used WEU before, ENABLE UMSWE (and Grimore's No Limits) and you can open your map. If you changed your triggers and JASShelper is giving you error after error and not letting you save, DISABLE JASShelper.

Just look through all of the features available. Really quite simple.

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
Switching editors is really no problem as long as you get rid of the advanced WEU triggers.

Nolimits has to be enabled in NewGen, it is disabled by default.

RockLou

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help guys, but only Darthfett said something that actually helped me. Along with the WEU editor, followed a little program called WEU Nolimits, something most of you said only existed in Newgen. I had seen it before but never understood how it worked, but now I know, and I can remove the doodad limit, and all other limits from WEU now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.