Open Wounds

~AMARANT~

Reaction score
Please help me. Everyone knows Naix from DotA and his spell Open Wounds. Does anybody know how this spell works? I tried to give all units that attack wounded target vampiric aura but nothing has happened :mad:

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Everyone knows? Well i don't, so what the hell does it do? Read the rules please.. If you want help, describe it..

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I think that they are using somekind of damage detection system. There is a lot of them in wc3campaigns. ( But that site is down :/ )

Anyways, I like your idea. Use some dummy locust unit with no model and with vampiric aura, and move it to target units position every 0.03 seconds.

If you dont know hot to do it, ask someone else. :) Im gonna have some sleep now.

emilemil1

Reaction score
since i never play dota i got no idea what your talking about :D so yeah describe it in detail please if u need a perfect replica or upload a replay of you using the spell and looking at the tooltips

~AMARANT~

Reaction score
I thought somebody can make trigger or map with complete spell. If you don't know what this spell do - here is the description:
OPEN WOUNDS
Naix rends the enemy, slowing his movement speed and allowing his allies to feast on his life force, regenerating a portion of the damage dealt. Victim slowly recovers movement speed over 8 seconds.
Level 1 - 10%.
Level 2 - 15%.
Level 3 - 20%.
Level 4 - 25%.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
a unit takes damage

triggering unit has a buff equal to wound.

set life of unit damage source. to life of unit damage source + damage source x .05 + .05x(level of wound)

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
base an ability of storm bolt with 1 second stun.

then trigger a unit to cast a dummy open wounds to the target which is based on purge.

then if the target unit takes damage, heal your caster equivalent to the life of the target

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Note that you ned to know if it is spell damage or normal attacks, which is not so simple. :)

I think that DotA does is like this:

trigger1:Event: Any Unit Is Attacked. Creates a dynamic trigger (trigger2) for attacked unit. Starts some timer, which destroys this trigger after X seconds.

trigger2.Event: Unit Takes Damage. Heals attacking unit for X% of damage taken.

Jagan

Reaction score
I don't think I'll have the time to post a code or something for you but this is how the spell is coded exactly in DotA:

Open Wounds (A0TI)
Based on Storm Bolt, with 0.01 seconds stun time.

When it goes into effect, call (1) with 0, then save "Cache" (0 for now), "Level" (Open Wounds' level), "Source" (N'aix) and "Target" to the cache, and create a trigger which can be called either every 1 second or when the unit is damaged.

The new trigger recovers "Level" "Count" "Source" and "Target" from the cache, then checks if it was called not because "Target" was damaged, then increase Count by 1, then call (1) with Count, and if Count==7 then disable this trigger, else save Count to the cache. If it was called because the unit was damaged, if the damage was bigger than 5, being done by a nonstructure enemy of "Target", set the unit's life to CurrentLife + ((5+OpenWoundslvl*5)/100)*EventDamage, then show and destroy the Vampiric Aura effect on the damager.

(1): It first creates a dummy unit (e00E) for N'aix, then if it was called with 0, give the dummy a storm bolt ability (A0UP) and told to use it on the target, meaning 1 second stun, if it was called with 1 up to 4 it is given a slow ability (A0TH) with that level, 70%/50%/30%/10% slow for one second.

By the way, this is nowhere close to being a DotA forum. So don't expect everyone here to know what and how DotA spells are exactly. Many people here don't bother playing DotA so my advice is to save those questions for the official forums at www.dota-allstars.com. Hope this helped.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.