Orb effect for pure damage?

Kiido

Reaction score
What orb effect can I give a unit which adds extra pure damage to it's attack?

Thanks

meOme

Reaction score
Oh, you mean universal damage? (=damage not affacted by any reduction)
No, that's only possible with triggers.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
just do.

Unit is attacked, if unit has item = true, than damage AttackedUnit dealing n damage, pure, hero.

something like that. ><

i dont have my w.e so i can't make a real trigger.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
One tick of poison might be "pure"...I'm not sure.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
You can do this with the help of a Buff Placer. If the hero is a melee attacker, then a non-Buff Placer is possible. Let's say I base the spell on "Envenomed Spears". Set the duration to any value. Set the slow and damage to 0. Create 2 buffs based on "Poison (Non-stacking)" and "Poison (Stacking)". I'll name these 2 buffs "Buff A" and "Buff B". Now, import Weep's GDD Snippet. Then, use this trigger, shown below.

Trigger:
  • Pure Damage Bonus
    • Events
      • GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Buff A) Equal to True
          • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Buff B) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set TempReal = 50.00 &lt;-- This is the extra pure damage that is going to be dealt.
      • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing TempReal damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
      • Unit - Remove Buff A buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Unit - Remove Buff B buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

By using this trigger, it basically will deal your normal damage + 50 pure damage.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
just do.

Unit is attacked, if unit has item = true, than damage AttackedUnit dealing n damage, pure, hero.

something like that. ><

i dont have my w.e so i can't make a real trigger.

Unit is attacked will not work as an event for this sort of trigger. The above trigger using the GDD system should work, however.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Unit is attacked will not work as an event for this sort of trigger. The above trigger using the GDD system should work, however.

Unit is attacked will work. However, the extra damage can be spammed by spamming stop if the event "Unit is attacked" is used.

Kiido

Reaction score
^ Yeah, the GDD trigger got me around the problem. That thing works wonders.

Anyway, my ability is meant to change damage type to pure, rather than adding pure damage.

Used the GDD trigger to restore target's health to the value before the attack, and then minused from the hp of damaged_unit the value of my unit's attack, thereby doing "pure damage" in a sense.

Thanks for the help anyways!

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
and then minused from the hp of damaged_unit the value of my unit's attack, thereby doing "pure damage" in a sense.
You really ought to do Chaos damage of type Universal, as Glenphir posted, so that the owner of the attacking unit will get credit for the kill - subtracting health has no "cause" and no player will get bounty or experience from units that die that way.

Kiido

Reaction score
^ Dang! I completely overlooked that!

So I should use the action:

Cause (GDD_damage_souce) to deal (value) Chaos damage of type Universal to (GDD_damaged_unit)

Is that all right?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
^ Dang! I completely overlooked that!

So I should use the action:

Cause (GDD_damage_souce) to deal (value) Chaos damage of type Universal to (GDD_damaged_unit)

Is that all right?

Yeah. That's right.

xXGauntletXx

Reaction score
Couldn't you check to see whose attack causes the damage to be dealt? Then award that player the bounty or whatever for the kill.

Kiido

Reaction score
I actually ended up using Gauntlet's method.

My event for that trigger was when a timer expired, and no matter how I tried, I couldn't work GDD into that trigger. So I just ended up setting up some extra variables and did what Gauntlet suggested, lol.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I actually ended up using Gauntlet's method.

My event for that trigger was when a timer expired, and no matter how I tried, I couldn't work GDD into that trigger. So I just ended up setting up some extra variables and did what Gauntlet suggested, lol.

Did you import the GDD Snippet?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.