Orb Effects and Buff Placers

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
In my map, I want for every item/ability that has an Orb Effect or Buff Placer to have a warning that they don't stack, such as in DotA. Thing is, I'm not completely sure of all possible Orb Effect/Buff Placers. So I'm listing possible ones that I know below, and I'd appreciate it if you guys can tell me if each one is an orb effect/buff placer/both. + rep for answers. (None of the following are done with triggers)

-Mask of Death/All Lifesteal (Excluding Vampiric Aura)

-Frost Attack

-Cleaving Attack

-Armor Reduction On Attack

-% Chance To purge On Attack (Orb of Static)

-Orb of Darkness (Raises Skeletons From Recently Attacked Units)

-Incineration

-% Chance To Cast Certain Abilities On Attack (% Chance To Cast Frost Nova, Chain Lightning, Forked Lightning, Death Coil, Holy Light, ect........All These Abilities Are Based On Orb of Lightning (new))

-Bash

-Cold Arrows/Searing Arrows/Dark Arrows (Any Auto-Cast On Attack)

-Slow Poison

Please post any others I may be missing. Again, thanks, and remember it's important I get them all! :D

minikrampan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You have to edit the tooltips for each item with orb effect to give warnings.

mask of death = orb effect, vampiric aura is not.

Frost attack, slow posion = buff placers

Bash, Cleavin = nothing.

and those spells with % chance to cast is not a problem with buff placers and orb effects because when they procc its just that attack that wont have an orb effect / buff placer which is not so bad.

about auto-cast spells im not sure but i don't think they stack with orb effects but when you turn of auto cast the orb effecs are in place once again.

Im not really sure but this is what i think, feel free to correct me if im wrong.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
-Mask of Death/All Lifesteal (Excluding Vampiric Aura)
Orb
-Frost Attack
Both
-Cleaving Attack
None
-Armor Reduction On Attack
Both
-% Chance To purge On Attack (Orb of Static)
Orb
-Orb of Darkness (Raises Skeletons From Recently Attacked Units)
Orb
-Incineration
Orb
-% Chance To Cast Certain Abilities On Attack (% Chance To Cast Frost Nova, Chain Lightning, Forked Lightning, Death Coil, Holy Light, ect........All These Abilities Are Based On Orb of Lightning (new))
Orb
None
-Cold Arrows/Searing Arrows/Dark Arrows (Any Auto-Cast On Attack)
All Orb except for Searing Arrows
-Slow Poison
Both

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I'll go with that.....but eh......I know Purge or Lifesteal works with Slow Poison so it can't be both....and Incineration isn't a buff placer? Ah well I'll take your word for it + rep.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Bash is a buff placer when it procs, and Critical Strike seems to work the same way (preventing any buff from being applied) when it procs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.