Overclock

FootysMaXeD

Reaction score
Alright, so I was having intense problems with Tinker's Engineering Upgrade. He was continually glitching and Fatal Erroring many of my games. I am removing him temporarily, and adding him back in asap when this ability is complete =).

Overclock (Skill 3)
Puts the Tinker at full capacity to plow through enemies in a frenzy. Careful, you might blow a fuse and hurt yourself though. Limited duration.

Bonus Regeneration (Both HP and Mana): 5/10/15/20/25/30 per second
Bonus Speed (Both AS and MS): 5/10/15/20/25/30%
Bonus Damage: 10/20/30/40/50/60
Lasts 15 seconds
Stuns Hero for 2 seconds after completion
Cooldown: 60

Has anyone any ideas on how I should begin making this ability? I don't think I should be using Chemical Rage because it requires alternate unit forms, and Tinker already has a morphing skill Robo-Goblin. I also want to avoid Auras because I want to save those for real auras.

Thanks, I hope someone can help me soon.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
You do know that auras can stack as long as they have different buffs, right? Anyways, for me, the easiest method would be to use an Endurance Aura hidden in a spell book and Item - Damage Bonus. Then, regenerate the health and mana using a periodic trigger. You can base the spell on something like "Channel".

FootysMaXeD

Reaction score
If I were to use Endurance Aura, it would not stack with the real Endurance Aura, correct? If i base the spell on "Channel", then how can I have it be a spellbook ability?

Maybe inside of a spellbook, I could have "Engineering Upgrade" (for Movespeed % and +Dmg), item +Attack speed. Then how would I create a periodic trigger in order regenerate him, and then to stun him?

FootysMaXeD

Reaction score
That's interesting information. This means all auras are fully stackable, just as long as the buffs are different? And what if I leave the buff empty and remove the special effects (only for the hero)?

Trigger:
  • Overclock
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Channel
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit TINKER = GetTriggerUnit()
      • Custom script: local timer TIMER
      • Custom script: set TIMER = CreateTimer()
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Channel for (Casting unit)) Equal to (Integer A)
            • Then - Actions
              • Custom script: local integer WAIT
              • Custom script: set WAIT = (Integer A) + 9
              • Unit - Add Overclock to (Casting unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Overclock for (Casting unit) to (Integer A)
              • Custom script: call StartTimerBJ(TIMER, false, 15))
              • Custom script: set udg_Overclock_Timer = TIMER
              • Custom script: call PolledWait( WAIT )
              • Unit - Remove Overclock from (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

The ability "Overclock" is a spellbook with stat bonus abilities (which I havn't added yet)
Can I get some help here please? I really got lost :nuts:
:confused:First time trying to write JASS lol:confused:
(I have yet to really read a jass manual)

1. The ability is clicked. Instantly, the hero gains certain stat bonuses (Example:20% AS, 20% MS, +20 DMG, +5 hp/s, +5 mana/s)
2. After a certain duration (based on the ability level; 10/11/12/13/14/15), these stat bonuses are removed. Also, the hero is stunned for a duration of 2.5 seconds.
3. How can I make this work lol?

Side Question: How do I convert this line so that it also displays the Timer Dialog to allies of the player?
"call TimerDialogDisplayForPlayerBJ( true, WINDOW, GetOwningPlayer(OURHERO) )"

canons200

Reaction score
That's interesting information. This means all auras are fully stackable, just as long as the buffs are different? And what if I leave the buff empty and remove the special effects (only for the hero)?
if you never put the buff, the game will use the default buff, just create all the custom buff. For all aura with different buff, they are stackable. ONLY aura ability, like endurance aura.

But if talking about like thunder clap, when you use thunder clap, the stun or slow buff is there, this kind of buff can't stack.

Guest3z

Reaction score
The ability "Overclock" is a spellbook with stat bonus abilities (which I havn't added yet)
Can I get some help here please? I really got lost
First time trying to write JASS lol
(I have yet to really read a jass manual)

1. The ability is clicked. Instantly, the hero gains certain stat bonuses (Example:20% AS, 20% MS, +20 DMG, +5 hp/s, +5 mana/s)
2. After a certain duration (based on the ability level; 10/11/12/13/14/15), these stat bonuses are removed. Also, the hero is stunned for a duration of 2.5 seconds.
3. How can I make this work lol?

Trigger:
  • Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Disable Hidden Spell Book for (Picked player)

Trigger:
  • Overclock
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Overclock
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Damage Bonus to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Hidden Spell Book to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Overclock for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Set level of HP Regen Aura for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Overclock for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Set level of Mana Regen Aura for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Overclock for (Triggering unit))
      • Wait (9.00 + (Real((Level of Overclock for (Triggering unit))))) seconds
      • Unit - Remove Damage Bonus from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Hidden Spell Book from (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempPt = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Hostile at TempPt facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Stun 2.5 Sec to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Remove Overclock (Hp Regen) buff from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Overclock (Mana Regen) buff from (Triggering unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPt )

I based Overclock on Berserk set the movement speed / attack speed bonuses in its fields and set the extra damage taken to 0. I then triggered the other effects, modifying Item Damage Bonus (+6) to be a 6 level ability with +10 to +60, added and removed this at the start and end of the duration. I also had a disabled Spell Book with 2 spells in it, modified unholy aura and brilliance aura for the HP and mana regeneration each with 6 levels rangeing from 5 to 30 points a second. Lastly the dummy units has 0 for animation times and casts a manaless storm bolt called Stun 2.5 Sec on the hero after the duration.

Also if your wondering Triggering unit remains unchanged even after waits so this is still fully MUI. Ill attach my test map if you want to look at it.

Good luck with your spell, Hope this helps :thup:

Attachments

• Overclock.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 179

FootysMaXeD

Reaction score
Thank you very much! This works great.

I'm wondering, does there have to be 3 buffs?

Anyway, +REP! =D

EDIT: I can't rep you till I spread some more rep.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.