WIP Panda Wars PRIMAL-X (w/ AI!)

Rushhour

Reaction score
I like it, the abilities I tested out so far were pretty nice ;)
But I didn't have the problem of the AI being to strong, after like 15-20 minutes my hero was the ultra king of the map, I could kill the AI and units easily, but never really finish the map.
When you try to attack the "castle" at the other players base, your hero always attacks spawned units and heroes first, and they revive so damn fast. Units kept running around wildly and never attacked the castle.
Does destroying the unit barracks have any effect at all? First I thought it would slow down the spawn :D

greetz

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
oh ya now that you mention that the dojo seems to be an ally of yours so you cant attack it by attacking ground near the dojo but you have to attack the dojo by pressing 'A' or clicking 'Attack' and target the Dojo. Might be a bug that its an ally of the attackers.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
tested your game once and i got to tell you few things:

1). its very, no i mean really imbalanced...

2). creeps are crowding like hell. you should reduce spawnrate and increase collision size. i couldnt see anything anymore because of too many creeps.

3). there keeps spawning infinite vodka in my base like some kind of mushroom coming out of the ground. Oo

4). the tooltipps are only set for learning an ability not in the actual ability window. thats not nice, just copy & paste is all to do.

5). players are not awarded anything for killing other heroes. is it meant to be like this?

6). if i almost kill a creep and it got only about 1-5% of its hitpoints left my allied creeps are coming killing it and i am not rewarded any gold. thats quite annoying i wish for my allies to fuck off, i cannot believe thats the intention behind having them.

7). the gameplay is that fast that i not even have enough time to read the descriptions on item recipes or abilitys because the enemys gain about 3 levels in time.

8). all in all it wasnt that much of fun. although i see alot of potential there are a bunch of aspects which really tear this game down.

i would say go on with your project and with some hard work it might become a really awesome game some day. good luck!

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I agree with

Accame's no.

1. Yup, it is really imbalanced. I used the shadow panda hero and it has an ability with no cooldown to teleport at the center of the players camera. Teleport anywhere for short.

2. Yup too many creeps are there. And by the way, getting the creeps around the tower killed when it is destroyed is no fun.

3. Vodkas really do spawn forever and even picking them up won't reduce the lag since the item is still there.

4. Yup, adjust your tooltips, as much as possible give detailed info on the skills.

5. There are really no rewards for killing heroes, you could just give them gold bounty.

Well that is far as I can go. By the way I noticed the map to have unused imports. Maybe you would like to delete the unused ones to deflate the map size. And you may also want to use widgetizer and vexorian's optimizer to keep your map in shape. The game does not even look like is worth for 3mb yet. If you release next time delete all the unused first - just a tip ;)

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I like it, the abilities I tested out so far were pretty nice ;)
But I didn't have the problem of the AI being to strong, after like 15-20 minutes my hero was the ultra king of the map, I could kill the AI and units easily, but never really finish the map.
When you try to attack the "castle" at the other players base, your hero always attacks spawned units and heroes first, and they revive so damn fast. Units kept running around wildly and never attacked the castle.
Does destroying the unit barracks have any effect at all? First I thought it would slow down the spawn :D

greetz

Whoo, thanks a lot Rushhour! :D I appreciate your comment a lot.

Which hero did you use in the game? Some heroes are a tad bit too imbalanced ad finishing the game is a wee bit impossible...still.

Destroying the barracks does nothing actually, but destroying the main castle ends the game.

What would you suggest to fix the gameplay?

oh ya now that you mention that the dojo seems to be an ally of yours so you cant attack it by attacking ground near the dojo but you have to attack the dojo by pressing 'A' or clicking 'Attack' and target the Dojo. Might be a bug that its an ally of the attackers.
- Oops. o_O Need trigger for that.Just don't know how.

tested your game once and i got to tell you few things:

2). creeps are crowding like hell. you should reduce spawnrate and increase collision size. i couldnt see anything anymore because of too many creeps.

3). there keeps spawning infinite vodka in my base like some kind of mushroom coming out of the ground. Oo

4). the tooltipps are only set for learning an ability not in the actual ability window. thats not nice, just copy & paste is all to do.

5). players are not awarded anything for killing other heroes. is it meant to be like this?

6). if i almost kill a creep and it got only about 1-5% of its hitpoints left my allied creeps are coming killing it and i am not rewarded any gold. thats quite annoying i wish for my allies to fuck off, i cannot believe thats the intention behind having them.

7). the gameplay is that fast that i not even have enough time to read the descriptions on item recipes or abilitys because the enemys gain about 3 levels in time.

8). all in all it wasnt that much of fun. although i see alot of potential there are a bunch of aspects which really tear this game down.

i would say go on with your project and with some hard work it might become a really awesome game some day. good luck!

Yeah, it really does require a lot, I say a LOT of hard work. X(
1. Still requires a lot of balance changes I know.
2. Fixed. Increased collision size from 9-12
3. Will remove the vodka.
4. Requires a lot of time, but I will work on it. :D
5. What would you suggest? I'm out of ideas...
6. o_O I know, AI is crap.
7. Will try to slow it down. I removed some of the AIs ability capabilities, so Fire Panda wouldn't be spamming that Infernal no more and Earth won't use Stomp.
8. I see. Thanks a lot. It really does require a lot of attention, and good thing you see the potential in it.

Thanks a lot Accname. Please, if you have time to help me with my map just PM me...I am in full need of partners for this map. Thanks again :D

Don't you mean I PMed you to offer help :D

Oh yeah. Sorry bout that.

I agree with

Accame's no.

1. Yup, it is really imbalanced. I used the shadow panda hero and it has an ability with no cooldown to teleport at the center of the players camera. Teleport anywhere for short.

2. Yup too many creeps are there. And by the way, getting the creeps around the tower killed when it is destroyed is no fun.

3. Vodkas really do spawn forever and even picking them up won't reduce the lag since the item is still there.

4. Yup, adjust your tooltips, as much as possible give detailed info on the skills.

5. There are really no rewards for killing heroes, you could just give them gold bounty.

Well that is far as I can go. By the way I noticed the map to have unused imports. Maybe you would like to delete the unused ones to deflate the map size. And you may also want to use widgetizer and vexorian's optimizer to keep your map in shape. The game does not even look like is worth for 3mb yet. If you release next time delete all the unused first - just a tip ;)

1. I see. I will see what I can do with balance. See, I don't have much experience and spell-making, and the triggers are quite bad.

2. I see. Typing -de disables creep explosion when tower is destroyed, but I will see what I can do to set that default.

3. Ah... so that's the cause of the lag. I will remove the vodka.

4. Okay...takes a lot of time and effort, I know :D

5. Hero kills give gold bounty (300)...

Crap, I can't handle all of this alone! :( If anyone wants to help, please PM!

Thanks a lot for all your comments! Please, please do suggest some things for gameplay and if you want to help just send me a PM...thanks a lot :D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well you could do various things.

there is no easy way around this. get some helpers together for beta tests and keep balancing abilities. there are some which are just way too heavy.

set the collision to at least 16 (thats the size of a barrel for example) and maybe give them a max amount of creeps which depends on the number of players. for each player there creep cap will increase by 5 or something like this.

yes either you may remove it or just give it a max amount. like there can never be more then 1 or 2 vodkas at once.

you already have made the tooltipps if you open the ability menu. just copy and paste, this will make things alot easier.

like for hero kills you can either give gold as a reward, or maybe something called Duell Points or so. these unique resource type can be exchanged for tomes or maybe powerful items.

you may do it like this:
whenever a creep is dieng, all allies of the killing player will get rewarded depending on the distance to the creep which died. means if your hero is just next to the creep he will get quite alot of gold but if you are far behind you wont. something like this.

pretty simeple. reduce movement speed a litte, attack speed as well. and cooldown on skills as the respawn rate of creeps.
everything which may slow it down a little would help newbies to get your game.
you may, if you want, add a speed/slow mode which is setting movement, attack, spawn rate.

just keep up the good work, post your progress periodically on the forums and our great community will help you for sure. and if you got any problems with triggers just post them in the help forum, i bet someone out there will help you.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well you could do various things.
there is no easy way around this. get some helpers together for beta tests and keep balancing abilities. there are some which are just way too heavy.
Bad news is, I have less popularity and I doubt a lot would try to do that. :banghead:

set the collision to at least 16 (thats the size of a barrel for example) and maybe give them a max amount of creeps which depends on the number of players. for each player there creep cap will increase by 5 or something like this.
Oh yeah sure. Will take that to account. I am also thinking of changing the terrain, is that fine or should I focus on other aspects more?

yes either you may remove it or just give it a max amount. like there can never be more then 1 or 2 vodkas at once.
Removing it next version, but will replace it soon with a more similar, balanced thing.

you already have made the tooltipps if you open the ability menu. just copy and paste, this will make things alot easier.
Okay. Doing that one.

like for hero kills you can either give gold as a reward, or maybe something called Duell Points or so. these unique resource type can be exchanged for tomes or maybe powerful items.
Will put to account, thanks :)

you may do it like this:
whenever a creep is dieng, all allies of the killing player will get rewarded depending on the distance to the creep which died. means if your hero is just next to the creep he will get quite alot of gold but if you are far behind you wont. something like this.
??? Don't know how to trigger that, sorry...

pretty simeple. reduce movement speed a litte, attack speed as well. and cooldown on skills as the respawn rate of creeps.
everything which may slow it down a little would help newbies to get your game.
you may, if you want, add a speed/slow mode which is setting movement, attack, spawn rate.
Reducing attack speed gain per agility for the next version :D

just keep up the good work, post your progress periodically on the forums and our great community will help you for sure. and if you got any problems with triggers just post them in the help forum, i bet someone out there will help you.

Oh thanks a lot AccName. ^_^ Guys like you are what make TheHelper.net TheHelper.net...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you may do it like this:

??? Don't know how to trigger that, sorry...

the trigger should look similar to this one:
Trigger:
  • Bounty
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Killing unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to Computer
    • Actions
      • Set TmpUnit[0] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TmpUnit[1] = (Killing unit)
      • Set TmpPnt[0] = (Position of TmpUnit[0])
      • Set TmpGrp = (Units within 1024.00 of TmpPnt[0] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of TmpUnit[1])) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TmpGrp and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TmpPnt[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set TmpReal = (Distance between TmpPnt[0] and TmpPnt[1])
          • Set TmpReal = (TmpReal / 1024.00)
          • Set TmpReal = (1.00 - TmpReal)
          • Player - Add ((Point-value of TmpUnit[0]) x (Integer(TmpReal))) to (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current gold
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TmpPnt[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TmpPnt[0])
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TmpGrp[0])

the important values are the TmpGrp, here you can set which units are counted as the players heroes. You may change those conditions to whatever you like.
Trigger:
  • Set TmpGrp = (Units within 1024.00 of TmpPnt[0] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of TmpUnit[1])) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A

right now, it picks only units which are
-alive units
-heroes
-allies of the killing unit.

and i was using the point value of the killed creeps as an indicator on how much gold they give. you can set the point value for every creep to something different or you just use a fixed amount for all creeps. change it however you like.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
the trigger should look similar to this one:
Trigger:
  • Bounty
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Killing unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to Computer
    • Actions
      • Set TmpUnit[0] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TmpUnit[1] = (Killing unit)
      • Set TmpPnt[0] = (Position of TmpUnit[0])
      • Set TmpGrp = (Units within 1024.00 of TmpPnt[0] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of TmpUnit[1])) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TmpGrp and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TmpPnt[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set TmpReal = (Distance between TmpPnt[0] and TmpPnt[1])
          • Set TmpReal = (TmpReal / 1024.00)
          • Set TmpReal = (1.00 - TmpReal)
          • Player - Add ((Point-value of TmpUnit[0]) x (Integer(TmpReal))) to (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current gold
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TmpPnt[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TmpPnt[0])
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TmpGrp[0])

the important values are the TmpGrp, here you can set which units are counted as the players heroes. You may change those conditions to whatever you like.
Trigger:
  • Set TmpGrp = (Units within 1024.00 of TmpPnt[0] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of TmpUnit[1])) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A

right now, it picks only units which are
-alive units
-heroes
-allies of the killing unit.

and i was using the point value of the killed creeps as an indicator on how much gold they give. you can set the point value for every creep to something different or you just use a fixed amount for all creeps. change it however you like.
Wow! Thanks a lot for this. :D

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Actively balancing the map as of now. Thanks a lot to BlackRose for offering his help. ^_^

Just post a comment if you have more suggestions for the map.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
uy, ano b yahoo mail mo, tae k nmn nag pm ako sau eh. help nga kita dba nga. kul8

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
uy, ano b yahoo mail mo, tae k nmn nag pm ako sau eh. help nga kita dba nga. kul8
sorry po nag-offline lang ng saglit..

Still working on the map. If you guys have any suggestions for the game or if you want to help with the project, please comment or pm!

Update: Dec 21, 2009
3:10P.M.

- Fixed a lot of the gameplay
- Replaced new icons
- Recoded some heroes
- Disabled creep explosion upn tower destruction
- Displayed a message when tower's destroyed

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Shadow- The chrono morpher, is so overpowered.. He can teleport the whole map without being attackd. Got an idea top that spell. Set a casting time and that it will be interrupted by attacked. Otherwise, the map was great.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Shadow- The chrono morpher, is so overpowered.. He can teleport the whole map without being attackd. Got an idea top that spell. Set a casting time and that it will be interrupted by attacked. Otherwise, the map was great.
Oh sure, I will fix him in the next version. :D Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Dec 22, 2009 UPDATE!!
BlackRose just showed me the progress of the map. There were a lot of balance changes and gameplay improvements (Assist System and Single Player mode). That's just really cool. :D

Watch out for next version!!!

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Dec 23, 2009 UPDATE!!

Finished the multiboard and changing the terrain.

tol, anu b nmn yan, binigay ko sau ung terrain ah? amf k sinayang mo time ko! Binigay ko sa yahoo.com mo, bahala k ang baduy ng terrain mo dyan.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.