Game Path of Exile TH.net exclusive content !

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know that there have been posted a couple of threads about path of exile on these forums already, but I am posting this one to discuss the content I post from it.
Path of Exile is a free online-only action role-playing game set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is currently under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand. (taken from their website)

I got into the beta and I was granted permission from them to post game content here. I will release screenshots and content every few days.

Here are a few words about my impressions of the game- It runs very smoothly, even on people with weak PC's (like me). It is in the early stages of the beta and a lot of things are still being worked on, but overall the game looks like a finished product. Path of Exile is a combination of all the classic Hack and Slash systems brought to a new level with a few (however very original and gameplay fitting) innovations.

I can't go into specifics yet, because like I said the game is in a early beta stage, but I will add more of my impressions as they release new updates and as I venture into the world more.

Here is the first batch of screenshots:
Oh, btw, my character is a witch, ice and summoning builds. In the first batch of screenshots I will show you some of the epic level design from the first 3 areas (I am at the end of the second act, but I figured, let's start from the beginning)
c709619c1c49213f.jpg

ef993f2fdd75c9c7.jpg

6d33894133f59052.jpg

The detail, lightning and general feel is just amazing, dark, evil, the skills look just right.

d67bacc0f18c2ad3.jpg

34374e0b0f4d43f2.jpg

722ee16074e03156.jpg

In the next batch I will explain the interface. Even though most of it is self explanatory there are a few things which are unique and contribute a tone to the overall gameplay of the game.

[video=youtube;k8779Ff_qoc]

Total biscuit video added.

Last edited by a moderator:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
May I just say thank you to Grinding Gears Game for allowing Bloodcount to post this content.

It all looks very nice :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You will be able try out the game for yourself- The gameplay is 100% free to play.

Anyway, anyone who wants a chance to get into the beta can register at www.pathofexile.com. That is all, if you get in you will be informed via an e-mail.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
D: I registered. But I still didn't get an email. Ah.

Looks awesome, thanks to you and co. for posting, ha.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I suppose I was a little more lucky : D

Well, don't worry they will make it open beta, hand out more keys and such soon. : )

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Damn those are pretty nice gfx for someone who says they have a week comp.

What are your specs?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
2gb ram
~180 hdd
dual core 2.8
Nvidia geforce 8600 GT

as you can see, damn weak, I can barely run SCII on lowest with lag, yet I run PoE lagless.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
as you can see, damn weak, I can barely run SCII on lowest with lag, yet I run PoE lagless.

I like the sound of that, because it should mean it's a well-programmed and well-made game. I'm looking forward to trying it for myself.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
It is very well programmed, It is very rare for me to run any game without lag or monster loading time (because I have lots of programs in the background and my ram is little) but this game loads almost instantly, even though it is creating unique dungeons each time you play it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
In the new patch: Lots of new skills, faster loading time, and several bug fixes ! yay !

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Thread is a few months old I know I know. But they just released a major patch and I have an extra beta code, so whoever wants it can pm me

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Starting tonight through sunday, they are doing a free beta playthrough for everyone, for Stress Testing their servers. Definitely check it out if you're interested and don't have a beta key.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Bumping this because I am downloading it now :)

37 gig patch download LOL! Definitely will not be done tonight. I think I tried to install this game before and it just timed out over and over again trying to download that huge file. Oh well, try it one more time.

Last edited:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Updating this - does not work on my PC. Just get an error message. My current PC is a hunk of a junk I am not going to try and troubleshoot. Oh well.... I tried.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.