Pathing Help

H

Hellcaster

When pathing, what event should I use to make them continue to the next checkpoint?

Event:
A (unit) enters (region (Human Pathing L2))

Conditions:
Triggering (unit) is (equil to) (player (red))

Actions
select all units in (region(Human Pathing L2)) and (attack move-to) (region(Human Pathing L3))

at each region, it leaves one unit behind, and I dont know why. Is there a better event, action, or condition I should use? Or better yet, Is there a way I can tell all units in a specific region to attack move to region L2, then Region L3, and so on, in one tirgger?

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
Hellcaster said:
Or better yet, Is there a way I can tell all units in a specific region to attack move to region L2, then Region L3, and so on, in one tirgger?

No you can't. As for the leavind one unit behind, is the regon big enough?

B

bugi_bi

hmmm maybe you should not send all units in entered region to the next checkpoint but only the unit that enters one send it to next one.

maybe it seems like nothing special but it is a change...

bye the way i think "selecting all units" can couse memory leak too....
but i am not pro at this stuff yet, so correct me plz if i am wrong.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
The reason it leaves the one unit behind is because when a unit enters a region, the entering unit is not considered to be 'in the region', when it checks.

To fix this, just set a group to the Units in the region, and then add the entering unit. Then order the new group to attack-move.

H

Hellcaster

thankyou. Can you give me an example of the trigger you specified? I dont understand unit groups or variables very well...

H

Hellcaster

I did the following, but it still doesnt work:

Events
Unit - A unit enters Human Pathing L02 <gen>

Conditions
(owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (red)

Actions
Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to (Units in Human Pathing L02 <gen> owned by Player 1 (red))
Unit Group - Order (Units in Human Pathing L02 <gen>) to Attack-Move To (Center of Human Pathing L03 <gen>)

Despite my best efforts, it leaves a unit behind. What do I do?!

A

Ambeco

simpler:

Events
Unit - A unit enters Human Pathing L02 <gen>

Conditions
(owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (red)

Actions
Unit Group - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Human Pathing L03 <gen>)

Runs once for each unit, but the old version was anyways. This is faster, and simpler. (And ought to work)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.