Pathing Problem

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
Ive tried to make an arrow key movement system with move instantly action but if i now walk against a non pathable object like walls it moves very fast and that doesnt look good nor is good
thats why i tried to create a unit and check if the unit is at the same point as my other unit but it doesnt work
my walker gets always damage

Code:
Movement
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in DriverGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        CurrentSpd[(Player number of (Picked player))] Not equal to 0.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Set CurrentVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Position of DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                        Set NewVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (CurrentVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))] offset by CurrentSpd[(Player number of (Picked player))] towards (Facing of DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))]) degrees)
                        Unit - Create 1 Pathing Dummy for (Picked player) at NewVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))] facing Default building facing degrees
                        Set temppoint = (Position of (Last created unit))
                            If - Conditions
                                (X of temppoint) Not equal to (X of NewVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                                (Y of temppoint) Not equal to (Y of NewVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))], dealing 0.01 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                                Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)
                        Unit - Move DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))] instantly to NewVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_CurrentVehLoc[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())])
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_NewVehLoc[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())])
                    Else - Actions
                        Animation - Play DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))]'s stand animation

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
try making the dummy a flying unit, maybe its the dummy's collision thats causing a problem

slightly off-topic: also, did i give you that code, because its almost exactly the same as the code i have in a demo map (variable names are exactly the same ^^)

Code:
Movement
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in DriverGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set CurrentVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Position of DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                Set NewVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (CurrentVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))] offset by CurrentSpd[(Player number of (Picked player))] towards (Facing of DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))]) degrees)
                Unit - Move DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))] instantly to NewVehLoc[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_CurrentVehLoc[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())])
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_NewVehLoc[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())])
                    If - Conditions
                        CurrentSpd[(Player number of (Picked player))] Greater than or equal to 0.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 1.00 seconds
                    Else - Actions
                        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to ((Facing of DrivingUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))]) - 180.00) over 1.00 seconds

Drunken_God

Reaction score
But if the unit is flying then it could be placed on cliffs too and thats what im trying to prevent

PS:shit
you got me :p
but firstly i tried it to make it by myself but my unit didnt play its animation so i searched

Drunken_God

Reaction score
bump
i tried it in another map
the footmans have got the ghost ability(they can stand in each other)
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of Footman 0001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            If - Conditions
                (X of (Position of (Last created unit))) Not equal to (X of (Position of Footman 0001 <gen>))
                (Y of (Position of Footman 0001 <gen>)) Not equal to (Y of (Position of (Last created unit)))
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: No, different spots.
            Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: Yes, same spot.

if i press now ESC (before moving the footy) it say Yes but if i move my footman now it says no and if the footman stands still it says no, too

Drunken_God

Reaction score
ive made an screenie:
the upper pic is the move instantly part
and the 2 others are what happened after using my Unititled Trigger 001 ;)
blubef7.jpg

Drunken_God

Reaction score
now it works i just move my unit instantly to that point check if the point is not the same point as the target point and then do damage to him and move him instantly back to the previous point

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.