Phase shift from a spell book

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
i'm curently using item slots to store spell books based on school, ie dark, light, elemental, nature etc and I'm using all the standard ability slots on the default command card for skills. One of the spells i have for a dark spell is phase shift. I know auto cast spells can't be cast in the spell book and can't be triggered either, but I can't figure out how to dummy this spell.

Any ideas?

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
Oh come on, you guys are a lot smarter than I am and I'm pretty freekin smart. Someone has to know something.

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
Damage detection would be a good way to start.

That goes without saying. I'm just not sure if it can be cast onto a target instead of self. Even if I could give it to the Unit I can't figure out how to Hide the icon in the command card

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I was suggesting that you trigger the effect, including the visuals, the negation of damage and the temporary disappearance of the unit. Not dummy Phase Shift.

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
You mean something like

Event: [unit] is attacked
Condition:
Event: Make triggering unit invulnerable
Event: Hide Triggering unit
Event: Animation play [phase shift] animation at point of triggering unit
Event: wait 1.2 seconds
Event: un-hide triggering unit
Event: Make triggering unit vulnerable
Event: Turn off this trigger
Event: wait 75 seconds
Event: turn on this trigger

Is this the kind of thing you had in mind?

I'm not sure if this particular trigger would work, I pulled that from memory and i might of mixed stuff up

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Damage detection is quite far from A unit Is attacked. You might want a system like Weep's GDD, since it's GUI and quite functional.

Detect damage. If Phase Shift is on autocast and not on cooldown, negate damage and hide unit. Wait for a short duration, reveal unit. Also reveal unit if an order is issued.

On second thought, it might be easier to modify the effects or drop the idea altogether.

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
Looking at what you linked I'm clueless as to what that is or how it would work, I have no functional knowledge of how to use Jass. I know how it is suppose to work but not how to use it. So I'm not understanding what you meant by any of your last post.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Weep's GUI Damage Detection System does not require knowledge of JASS to use. Add the event Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00, then do your actions with GDD_DamageSource, GDD_DamagedUnit and GDD_Damage.

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
I've never used anything but the standard TFT world edit, what is a GUI for it? I'm still confused.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
You're new to triggering? In that case it would be better to drop the idea altogether.

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm not new to triggering, I've been doing it since before tft came out, I've just never even looked at anything outside of the world editor

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.