[(player number of(Triggering Player)] bug?

Smileynator

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum.
And im here to get a problem solved..
It seems that [(player number of(Triggering Player)] bugs my scripts somehow.
Not only my saveload script (that i copyed of a tutorial and double checked over 10 times now and WORKS in single player)
It seems [(player number of(Triggering Player)] works in single player and multiplayer.. but ONLY for the user 1(red) but not for anyone else, the save/load script has this, and now my own made script has the same..
i hope someone is known with such bug, or can tell me what i am missing here, other scripts run smooth, i got a respawn script using almost the same system spawning a spirit healer to rez you with cool animations and all, but a simple save scipt or enter arena script just wont work for other players then red. why?

I hope you can help me out for a bit,
Thanks in advance,
Smileynator

PS: here is part of my script as for the activation of it:
Trigger:
  • events
    • player - player 1 (red) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
    • (the same for all playable colors)
    • Conditions
    • HasAHero[(player number of(Triggering Player))] Equal to true
    • (ArenaEnterZone <gen> contains (Ransom unit from HeroGroup[(player number of(Triggering Player))])) Equal to True
    • Actions
    • (whatever here)

note that Herogroup is a array of 12 and each player who picked a hero has his own herogroup[player number] with only his created hero in it.

Hope this helps

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to do?

Ill make up a trigger for what you need done so you can see an easy way to do it... Because i cant quite tell what your trigger is attempting to do

Smileynator

Reaction score
Basicly:

if ANYONE typer -enter

and player HAS A HERO (aka isnt a whisp in selecting phase because it could make the script bug itself)
AND triggering player has his hero in the specified zone.
THEN do the rest..
(aka: teleport everyone in reagion play teleport effect, play sounds, move camera around for a good looking intro into the battle arena)
But that part works, its mostly the problem when any player besides RED tries to -enter, it doesnt work. it simply does nothing, and another person who made a great save-load script that alot of people use, have the same problem in my map, it only works for player 1 and nobody else :S

Smileynator

Reaction score
Script dump (maybe this is more clear to you, im messy..):

Trigger:
  • EnterArena
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -enter as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • HasAHero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
      • (ArenaEnterZone <gen> contains (Random unit from HeroGroup[(Player number of (Triggering player))])) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause all units
      • Sound - Play Crowd_Muffled <gen>
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Sound - Play 2 <gen>
      • Wait for (Last played sound) to be 0.00 seconds from finished playing
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in ArenaEnterZone <gen>) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Random point in ArenaEntrance <gen>))
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 2 (Blue) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 3 (Teal) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 5 (Yellow) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 6 (Orange) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 7 (Green) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 9 (Gray) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 10 (Light Blue) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 11 (Dark Green) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 12 (Brown) to (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[1]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[2]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[3]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[5]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[6]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[7]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[9]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[10]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[11]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Random unit from HeroGroup[12]) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 1 (Red) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 2 (Blue) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 3 (Teal) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 5 (Yellow) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 6 (Orange) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 7 (Green) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 9 (Gray) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 10 (Light Blue) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 11 (Dark Green) over 20.00 seconds
      • Camera - Rotate camera 360.00 degrees around (Center of ArenaCamLock <gen>) for Player 12 (Brown) over 20.00 seconds
      • Sound - Play 3 <gen>
      • Sound - Play 4 <gen>
      • Sound - Play 5 <gen>
      • Sound - Play 6 <gen>
      • Sound - Play 7 <gen>
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 2 (Blue) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 3 (Teal) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 5 (Yellow) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 6 (Orange) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 7 (Green) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 9 (Gray) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 10 (Light Blue) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 11 (Dark Green) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 12 (Brown) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Unpause all units
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Sound - Stop Crowd_Muffled <gen> After fading

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.