Playing a priest & hating it.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
My brother & I are doing the refer-a-friend & going to be 2v2 arena team, with me as priest, him as warrior. We are still low level, but I keep thinking we will be screwed in arena, I'll get focused like mad from a rogue or mage & end up dieing early, while he doesn't really get enough damage in. How can we do well?

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Be high level uber shadow or disc priest.

did u read anything he said?

-----

well, me and my hunter did 2v2 pre-WOTLK and are planning on it WOTLK and we did pretty well got, to 1954 rating at our peak with half S3 Half S2 gear and some PVE too, I was the priest, and mainly i just tanked all the dps, its not really that hard, just keep running and keep shield, renew and POM on yourself and you should be fine, fear if there are rogues and dispel and slows a mage casts on you and any diseases or anything a warlock casts on you. if the hunter/warrior starts getting dps well this just makes things so much easier, hit him with flash heal or the same tactic i said above to use on yourself - and even if not being attacked, if u cant see one of their players keep a shield on yourself

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Go fury as the warrior.
IMO that should do well.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
As an 80 priest myself, I have to say arena is pretty screwed up at the moment, Ret palas are king followed by rogues, death knights and mages. There seems to be very little tactics involved; with such high burst damage the clothies are focused down in seconds.

The 2v2 setups I have tried so far;

Disc priest + Ele shaman = Uber fail, we went something like 2 - 6
Disc priest + Enh shaman = fail, we did a little better than elemental though.

Shadow priest + Enh shaman = we held our own with this setup, going 6 - 6, rogues ate us alive.

Shadow priest + Warrior = a little worse than with enhancement shaman, anything with a mage in it killed this setup, but was more survivable against rogues.

Basically, arenas kinda suck if you're not a rogue, mage, dk or pala.

Discipline priest = punch bag, shadow priest = glass cannon.

I will be trying holy priest + arms warrior in the near future.

If your end-goal is to go far with your warrior friend in 2v2 arena, I would suggest going paladin. Holy paladin + warrior is the best setup with a warrior in it atm.

eazyduzit

Reaction score
You dont want to play a Warrior or Priest. I just logged off WoW about 2mins ago after getting fucking mad at my Arms Warrior. Worst fucking class in the game atm for pvp, Blizzard have made it into a piece of shit. Im not 100% sure about priest but from what i can see that is horrid as well.

Mage, Rogue, DK, Pala. Those are your best bets for non-stress pvp action.

Tythoid

Reaction score
You dont want to play a Warrior or Priest. I just logged off WoW about 2mins ago after getting fucking mad at my Arms Warrior. Worst fucking class in the game atm for pvp, Blizzard have made it into a piece of shit. Im not 100% sure about priest but from what i can see that is horrid as well.

Mage, Rogue, DK, Pala. Those are your best bets for non-stress pvp action.
I play a warrior and the spec that works best for me atm in arenas is protection especially with charge and deflect which has a brilliantly small cd (there is nothing better then reflecting a proclast or a fear :D) then you have 2 stuns shockwave and concussive blow. If you get attacked by any melee class epscially rogue or paladin revenge and alot of blocking will win you the fight and with enough skill the array of ani caster spells will make dog meat out of mages and warlocks especially

CatCat

Reaction score
if you dislike playing priest I would advise you to just stop.... If you don`t play a class you truly like you will regret it later.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I rolled a priest once and didn't really like it. Gotta agree with the poster above me.

Fictional

Reaction score
Ah... so now you have fallen into the dilemma of playing a cloth armor class. I personally raid on an 80 shadow priest with around 2000 SP unbuffed... I put out crazy DPS, but I still feel you on the PvP front as far as getting my ass kicked up and down the arena field... Basically your only hope of survival is going discipline... pick your talents carefully and you will survive... Disc priests have a huge amount of survivability and paired with a protection warrior you may have a shot at winning... I'm not going to give you false hopes though as a warrior and priest combo will just not hold up in the high end arenas at this point (1750+). With the "OP-ness" of certain classes at the moment, you're doomed... Just wait for Blizzard to come down with the nerf stick on certain classes (*cough* Rogues *cough* Death Knights *cough*) and you'll be fine. :) Hope this helps you out...

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
tbh you should've rolled a druid. But you 2 can do a lot of quick heroics and, raid... i guess? I personally prefer pve.

With the new arenas especially, Mind Control is great fun. If your warrior can take one target, it would be for the best to just toy around with the MC'd target.

As disc you'll have a lot more survivability and straightforward healbotting may be the best.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Shadow - PVP/Soloing
Disc - Healing/Soloing
Holy - Healing/Minor Soloing

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Shadow - PVP/Soloing
Disc - Healing/Soloing

Sorry what?

Shadow are Ownage at raiding and also Disc can hold their own in arena you just need to learn how to play them, they are very hard to master and be able to play accuretly in arena but once you do you could easily beat most of the players out there.. with a good dps as well in arena :p

Prometheus

Reaction score
I play a priest and just generally hate it when I have to heal because the priest already in there is a DPS, and this is going off of my experiences and what I've heard.

Fictional

Reaction score
Rogues are not OP, they can't even win against scrubby Arc mages.

Uh... no.
Any half decent rogue (and when I say half decent I mean one with half a brain) can win against any cloth armor class.

Shadow - PVP/Soloing
Disc - Healing/Soloing

Eh... I'd have to disagree.

Shadow - PvE/Soloing
Disc - Healing (PvP)/PvP
Holy - Healing (PvE)/GL Soloing lol

When I say Holy I mean a combination of Holy and Disc of course...

And before you say I don't know what I'm talking about.

I healed all through T6 and had most of T6 on my priest, and I've DPS'd as shadow in 10/25 Naxx (cleared all wings)... so I'm not just pulling information out of my ass. lol

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Uh... no.
Any half decent rogue (and when I say half decent I mean one with half a brain) can win against any cloth armor class.

Eh... I'd have to disagree.

Shadow - PvE/Soloing
Disc - Healing (PvP)/PvP
Holy - Healing (PvE)/GL Soloing lol

When I say Holy I mean a combination of Holy and Disc of course...

And before you say I don't know what I'm talking about.

I healed all through T6 and had most of T6 on my priest, and I've DPS'd as shadow in 10/25 Naxx (cleared all wings)... so I'm not just pulling information out of my ass. lol

To say that any class has supreme power over any other class is just showing that you have personal trouble with fighting said class. Seriously, if you took everyone's word for it, every class is op. Blizzard is very good at making things balanced, and while a rogue will do much better against a robe than a shield, it's not like they are the bane of cloth wearers.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
ret isnt OP your just bad (or no resil) and you dont know how to survive. the kings of 2v2 is holy paladin/DK. holy pal/rogue is also good but not as good as DK. if you want to play a class that will never get a nerf bat roll a rogue, you will always be decent if you know your class. DISc/ret is probably your best choice for 2v2 and for 3s i think RMP is one of the best combos probably behind holypaly/rogue/mage

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.