Please Hear Me Out

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Why should there be a debate forum?

You guys got the news area, you all already debate there!

Untill you can convince that all of your are open minded, that you have no problem with people belittling and negatively commenting on your religious and political beliefs, there will be no forum for it.

...and you read that and were gonig to post "I have no problem with it" but guess what? You and me, we are just 1/9964 Members, just a little tiny bit over .01% of TH population.

"But but! Most of those members donit even come on!" Ok fine lets say TH has 200 members. 1/200 thats just .5%. And honestly, there are topics that are ment to be avoided.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
The news forum is weak, most of the real articules that could be talked about there are hidden in a sub forum. Post an article about Iraq there, 9 times out of 10 it will never leave the subforum. Also many questions that are being asked don't leave the article. Also this is restricting it to only articles as they come.

I don't see how a 1 topic test trial wouldn't be fair. No indirect questions. No going through this lazy "well, we have the news forum" No. The news forum is for news. If you want I can ask direct questions to people from articles and joint articles. But then it wouldn't be news anymore, it would be opinion.

Give us the one chance. Let one debate be tested. Then once and for all we can see if we can have this type of forum. Its one test away.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Can't admins password protect a forum? An only give the password for the debate forum to certain people? Also, set permissions to certain people to be able to start, or reply to a thread. This way, if you have access, you will only be able to read so that they can learn how to debate. Then they can start replying.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
In my opinion, as said, creating a forum with "password" is not an option. Let me give you an example:

Admin: "We opened a new debating forum"
Us: "Nice"
Admin: "But, only cool, mature member can come in"
Us: "Oh"
Admin: "Rheias, you are of course in, and you, and you, and you..."

Say you weren't picked, what the Admin is saying? You are not nice nor mature? Well, yes. It won't make you feel the best, and raise anger towards Admins. Not a wanted result.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
okey, back to origenal question - YES or NO
am I allowed to do the persuation class and end it in a [single] debate.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Lets see how this goes first.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
okey, back to origenal question - YES or NO
am I allowed to do the persuation class and end it in a [single] debate.

Teaching someone to debate is like teaching someone to draw.

Sure, show them tips, tell them things, but in the end. Either you can or cant.

Oh wait, that wasn't YES or NO was it? Sorry that i decided to debate instead of satisfying you. ;)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Admin: "We opened a new debating forum"
Us: "Nice"
Admin: "But, only cool, mature member can come in"
Us: "Oh"
Admin: "Rheias, you are of course in, and you, and you, and you..."

:p It would be better if it was kept in "the down low" and not annouced to the whole forum

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
:p It would be better if it was kept in "the down low" and not annouced to the whole forum

Like a secret forum to debate?

Heh, if they did that, they might have already done it and we wouldn't know because we wern't allowed! :eek: That makes me sad :(

Though they probably wont do that. Secret forums never work, people will just find out about them and try to get in.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh no there on to me XD
*explodes*

Anyway...
I think if we can handle one serious thread we maybe able to get a forum
As long as we kiddies are good :p

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
There was a small debate in the GD recently. That thread didn't go too well.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> There was a small debate in the GD recently.
Ironically enough, that wasn't even started as a debate.
Someone posted a weird picture. Some people thought that "I don't want to flame, but fuck you" doesn't count as flaming so they made a couple of replies similar to that and...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.