Please help with 2 questions

Progesterone

Reaction score
Dear all,
1)How do I use the spells of DOTA heroes in my campaign ? (I tried to open DOTA map using my world editor but cannot do so)
2)How do I make units appear larger (eg. one rifleman larger than the other rifleman)?
Thanks !

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
A few years since i used WE last - starting again now, but DotA is a closed map, which means that you are not able to open or edit it - there is a few maps out there with the abilitys of a few heroes copyed, but they are all JASS triggered

for your scaling problem, it's in the object editor under the unit tab and then you need to find scaling - dont remember exactly where it is, but in the upper part of the Object Editor list.

pride2518

Reaction score
To change your unit size:

1) Open up your Object Editor
2) Find ''Art - Scaling Value''
3) Change it. The bigger the number, the bigger the unit. Max value is 10.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Art - Scaling Value

1.10, for example, means +10% size

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
possibly u mean make one unit bigger than the other, but of the same type?

then just trigger it and make it:
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (*Your unit*)'s size to (200.00%, 200.00%, 200.00%) of its original size

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
possibly u mean make one unit bigger than the other, but of the same type?

then just trigger it and make it:
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (*Your unit*)'s size to (200.00%, 200.00%, 200.00%) of its original size

only the first value needs to be set, the other 2 values are only in this action to make it look more complicated but they havent gotten any real meaning.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
only the first value needs to be set, the other 2 values are only in this action to make it look more complicated but they havent gotten any real meaning.
u sure? i would think that effecting the length, and not the width or height would make it look rather odd. yet i have not checked it myself so i dont know. but il take your word for it.

set it to this then :/
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (*Your unit*)'s size to (200.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
u sure? i would think that effecting the length, and not the width or height would make it look rather odd. yet i have not checked it myself so i dont know. but il take your word for it.

set it to this then :/
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (*Your unit*)'s size to (200.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
i am as sure as one can be.
set it to this:
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (*Your unit*)'s size to (200.00%, 99999.00%, 99999.00%) of its original size

and you wont see any difference.

Progesterone

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies !
1) Where can I download JASS spells (created by other users) and how do I use these in my campaign ? (one spell I'm looking for is the "Invisibility" spell, the ultimate spell of Stealth Assassin in DOTA)

Got 2 more questions !
1) How do I make a computer-controlled unit cast spell (eg. Warstomp when there are more than 2 enemy units surrounding it while fighting)
2) I have a bunch of computer-controlled units consisting of raiders and orcs (ie, units that have different speed), and I need them to patrol from point A to B (and vice versa) in an orderly fashion (ie, all units should patrol together, and after reaching the destination point, they should stop and wait for all remaining units to arrive before they start their patrol again to the next point)
What's the simplest trigger way of doing that ?

Thanks a lot !

niceone

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • a
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Tauren
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Add all units of (Units within 800.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) to Temp_Unit_Group
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Number of units in Temp_Unit_Group) Greater than or equal to 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

Like this?

But don't forget to set Order ID to the good ID in object editor :)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
(one spell I'm looking for is the "Invisibility" spell, the ultimate spell of Stealth Assassin in DOTA)

there's a permanent invisibility ability for this, just change details like fade time etc etc.

Where can I download JASS spells (created by other users) and how do I use these in my campaign ?

use the search command at the toolbar at the top of the page. many dota' abilties have already been done by other users of this forum.

they shuld mention how to use them on they'r threads.

How do I make a computer-controlled unit cast spell (eg. Warstomp when there are more than 2 enemy units surrounding it while fighting)

there are many ways, but here'z a simple one:

Trigger:
  • simple auto cast method
    • events
    • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • conditions
    • actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Number of units in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Picked unit)) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Matching unit))))) Greater than or Equal to 2
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Neutral - Slam
          • Else - Actions

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
here, i was bored so i did a simple map showing it, u can simply copy and paste my method and just change the details..

Attachments

• simple auto cast method.w3x
    13.1 KB · Views: 120
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.