US News Police Officer Fired for being obese sues to get job back

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
0317parentcm.jpg

A former Bellevue police officer fired for being overweight could be back patrolling the streets in a few months.

Christopher ParentThe Nebraska Court of Appeals, in an opinion released Tuesday, reversed the Bellevue Civil Service Commission’s decision upholding the termination of Christopher D. Parent.

Parent, 52, had been a member of the Police Department for more than 25 years, mostly as a detective, but had been reassigned to road patrol. His firing stemmed from his performance during an Aug. 28 combat shooting exercise, which prompted fellow officers to report him to the command staff.

Parent was fired in 2007, after an internal investigation determined that he had not maintained a “high level of physical, mental and emotional conditioning.”

Read the news here.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I guess he can roll and squish criminals when he's back on the force.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I don't feel safe with a guy like that seeing me rolling, hatin, patrolling, trying to catch me ridin' dirty.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
No offense, can he catch people on foot, if he had too??
I mean I can understand needing to be in certain physical condition for that kind of job. I mean as long as he can perform he should be able to keep his job!!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If he does desk work, he can't be fired.

He just can't work the field. They should have transferred him, not fired him. It would have been easy, too. Due to performance issues, he needed to be transferred.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I thought that field officers had to be physically fit...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.