Portal Skill need Help...

D

dicpimp

how do i make a skill that it summons and exit portal on the 1st cast. and after it cools down, the second cast will summon an entrance portal. sucking all enemy or ally into the portal and going out to the exit portal... help elp help lp p. :)

D

Deathbedeli

Hmm try this

Portal Code
Code:
Portals
Event
A unit finishes casting a spell
Condition
Spell Equal to Portal
Action
If/Then/Else Multiple Actions
If - SpellSetting (Boolean Variable) = to 0
Then - Set SpellSetting = 1
         Create 1 EXTPortal(Unit) at position of target point of spell being cast
         Set LastCreatedPortal[1](UnitVariable Array) = Last created Unit
Else - 
If - SpellSetting = 1
Then - Set SpellSetting = 0
          Create 1 ENTPortal(Unit) at position of target point of spell being cast
          Set LastCreatedPortal[2](UnitVariable Array) = Last created Unit
          Run PortalSuck (checking conditions)
Else - Do nothing

EnterPortal sucking code
Code:
PortalSuck
Event
None
Condition
None
Action
Pick every unit within 800 of LastCreatedPortal[2] and do actions
Loop - Move picked unit instantly to (position of LastCreatedPortal[2] offset by distance of picked unit from LastCreatedPortal[2] / 2)
          If/Then/Else Multiple Actions
          If - Distance of picked unit from LastCreatedPortal[2] equal to or less than 100
          Then - Move picked unit instantly to LastCreatedPortal[1]
          Else - Do nothing

Also make sure to have the actual spell as a Dummy Spell (Meaning it has no effect and relys on triggers for an effect) and to make sure it has AOE so you can choose a target

Hope this helps!

E

Eilhal

This isn't related at all I just have to say thank you :p You just gave me the BEST idea for an ability in my game :p :D

Pyromancer

Reaction score
you could add to your triggers replace enter portal with exit poral, or remove enter portal and add exit portal and vice versa

D

dicpimp

thank you soooooo much Deathbedeli...
That trigger hit the spot. How do i modify your trigger such that it only sucks other player's unit including your teamates units and your units and not sucking the neutral units??

By Elithal:
This isn't related at all I just have to say thank you You just gave me the BEST idea for an ability in my game.

Can I have a copy of your game? I wanna try it when its done...

E

Eilhal

It will most likely never finish lol.. but your idea gave me an idea that would be fun for me too make.. I am thinking about ditching my current project and working on a survival map (as I stated in the thread I just started :p )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.