Powerup Help!!!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The powerup is an item with an ability that gets used instantly. Check that ability's effects and clear them. Not just the powerup.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You could import a blank .txt file (Notepad) to this path
Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\ToonBoom\Blank.txt

Then rename to this.
Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\ToonBoom\ToonBoom.mdx

This will remove the effect allright. BUT, you won't be able to use the effect anywhere else. And should only be used as a last resort.

xtian07

Reaction score
Thanks guys, but it still leaves the gold dot stuff which is the reason why I really need to remove the effect. It seems the item model is the reason for this, not the effect :D

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My way will remove the effect completely. But as I said it will remove the effect from the game. So you won't be able to use it at all.

xtian07

Reaction score
Thanks Grags, you solved 2 problems at one answer. I uploaded the .txt file then used it as the model for my power up so it won't have any model at all, its invisible which was supposed to be my next question. How to make an item invisible :D

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lol you're welcome :)

Another way around making a model invisible is changing the model to .mdl

And I just cheated as I didn't know the correct way around it :p

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What you describe is known as the item leak. Its a flaw in the wc3 engine which came with one of the previous patches to the game.
It seems to be caused by blizzard that powerup items which have been picked up and used stay in the game and take memory and computer performance.
The solution is rather easy, when an item is used and it is a powerup remove it from the game. The effect will still apply and your problem is solved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.