Prisoners (2013)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Trailer 1:
Trailer 2:
A Boston man kidnaps the person he suspects is behind the disappearance of his young daughter and her best friend.​
Release Date: 20 September 2013​
Genre: Crime | Drama | Thriller​
Cast: Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Viola Davis​
Directors: Denis Villeneuve​
Writer: Aaron Guzikowski​
Studio: Warner Brothers Pictures​
--- --- ---​
I must say, this has intrigued me. It's no huge, epic film like Man of Steel that I'm going crazy for, but on a more serious level, I am interested. Trailer was cut nicely I think. The set-up doesn't seem like anything too novel but with the actors involved and hopefully a smart script, I think this could be something nice to watch.​

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Like you said, the trailer cut it nicely by not spoiling any ending of whether the guy actually kidnapped or not.
Only another month and a half until it comes out :D

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Saw this finally. So good. It has placed instantly at my top 3 favorite thrillers next to Se7en and Zodiac. Great story and writing, keeps you on your seat the whole time, even at 2:30 hours.

The performances by the cast are incredible. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal did great in their roles. The character of Detective Loki is so well crafted and played by Gyllenhaal, even to the little things like the way he blinks his eyes.

Spooky cinematography by Roger Deakins, along with the unnerving soundtrack, makes for a really creepy film. Makes you think a lot.

Definitely a contender for this year's Academy Awards. I highly recommend seeing this when you want some serious thrills and thoughts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.