(Probably) Easy to fix problem with abilities

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to get this to work. Basically, I have a goblin hero who has a spell book as one of their abilities. The spell book contains 4 abilities, Detonate!, Place Remote Mine, Place Timed Mine, and Place Proximity Mine.

Remote Mines explode when the Detonate! button is pressed, Timed Mines explode after 10 seconds, and Proximity Mines work exactly the same as the regular Goblin Land Mine.

The problem, is that all three of these abilities are stemmed from the same original ability, so now when I try to activate any of them, they all trigger at once, and only the far right one, Proximity Mines, ends up ever triggering. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to mess with gameplay constants or the characteristics of the mines or some other crazy editor thing so that this doesn't happen, or if I have to complicate this setup I've put so carefully together using dummy units and all their ilk.

Help?

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
In the object editor, Ill find the exact field 1 sec

Text - Order string - Use/Turn on

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
Alright, I had already tried that one actually.

Proxomity currently is set to rainoffire
Remote is set to blizzard
Timed is set to rainofchaos

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to solve the problem...

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
Code:
Remote Mine
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Detonate! 
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Goblin Remote Mine) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Add Mine - exploding (Goblin Remote Mine) to (Picked unit)

Code:
Timed Mine
    Events
        Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Goblin Timed Mine) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Life of (Picked unit)) Less than or equal to 2.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Add Mine - exploding (Goblin Timed Mine) to (Picked unit)
                    Else - Actions

The timed mine has a negative hp regeneration, and the cast range for the Mine - exploding for both Goblin Timed Mine and Goblin Remote Mine are set to max (99999999, or something like that)

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
>> To make the time infinate set it to 0 I think.

>> You can change the timed mine to a water elemental with no attack, different model, 10 sec spawn if you want to try. Then make a trigger to when the elemental runs out of life have a dummy cast stomp or something

>> I dont know what exploding goblin timed mine does (never used mines before) but maybe give the mines a kaboom ability and have them use it

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
Well the problem isn't in the mines themselves... What I really need is for the Hero to be able to cast them independent from one another...

I guess I could create 3 separate Channels with different BaseID's for the Goblin, and whenever he clicks one it makes a dummy that then casts the spell...

I was just trying to avoid that because it seems like a lot of unnecessary work if there was some simpler way using the object editor.

Oh well.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
I suggest to check out the Dota forums and find the forum about how the skills are made, then look for techies

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Channel is perfect. Just finish one of it, then copy&paste and edit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.