Problem with area effect targeting source unit

Hadezown

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
When a unit walks over an item, I basically have this effect that searches for enemies in the area and stuns them. In the Search Filters, only Enemy is checked and I set Self to excluded. But the source unit of the effect still gets stunned. Anyone know how I can solve this?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
If I am understanding you correctly, the effect is being generated by the item rather than the unit? If so, then "Self" in the Search Filters would refer to the item and not the unit. You could try adding Source to the Search: Exclude + property but I am unsure if this will work without knowing exactly how you made your ability.

Hadezown

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
did you added the effect in the behavior?
Yeah

If I am understanding you correctly, the effect is being generated by the item rather than the unit? If so, then "Self" in the Search Filters would refer to the item and not the unit. You could try adding Source to the Search: Exclude + property but I am unsure if this will work without knowing exactly how you made your ability.
I tried exclude but I don't really get how it works. What do I put for effect? Here's some pics so it's more clear what I'm doin. So I think you're right, it's being generated by the item not the unit. But the item belongs to the same player as the unit walking over it, so I don't understand why the unit is being stunned too.

Blizzard Area - Area Effect

blizarea.png

Blizzard Buff - The Behavior being called by the Area Effect

behbuff.png

PickupBlizzard - The Effect that calls the Behavior when the item is picked up

blizpick.png

Pickup Blizzard - The Ability of the item that calls PickupBlizzard effect when a unit
walks over it

blizabil.png

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.