Problem with custom hero!!

terashi

Reaction score
Hi guys!! I'm new in the forum I have some questions :p

I'm having some issues on Warcraft 3 world editor and I'm here to seek help ^^

I found a guy with the same problem as me... there it is:

"I make a new custom hero based off Tinker. I place the custom Tinker in the Human's altar. I go into Game Constants and put the custom Tinker in the Techtree - Dependency Equivalents - Hero. Without changing anything about the custom Tinker I would go play the map. But I can pick the custom Tinker as much as I want as long as I keep upgrading the main building. The custom heroes follow the three hero rule and that you have to upgrade in order to pick another hero, but the custom heroes seem to have an infinite stock. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to prevent this, so that I can only pick a custom hero only once? Thanks!"

And the solution that was given to him was this (And he said it worked):
"Use this trigger action:

Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
--- Loop - Actions
------- Player - Limit training of Custom Tinker Hero to 1 for (Picked player)"

But I can't understand this at all... can some explain me step by step how do I do this plz? Thanks for wasting your time with this mesirable newbie XD
EDIT: I tried to do this but I can't find the "...Custom Tinker Hero to 1..."... and I still can buy multiple custom heroes (I mean the same custom hero...)

Valorcat

Reaction score
Sure; this is easy. Here's your trigger in Warcraft form.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Limit training of Custom Tinker Hero to 1 for (Picked player)

I'll go through this each step of the way.
1. Set Events to Map Initialization
2. Under Actions, select Player Group and change nothing else (it should automatically set to Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)), if it didn't, change it.
3. Under Loop - Actions, select Player.
4. Go to "Limit training of Unit-Type" within Player and change "Triggering Unit" to "Custom Tinker Hero" (or whatever your Hero's name is).
5. Change "Player 1(Red)" to "Picked Player" (from dropdown).

That should do it. Good luck with your game. :D

hasslarn

Reaction score
First of all Welcome to the forums! You will get so much better in the editor here! :)

On topic

Change Map initialization to Time - when its 1 sec in game. Dont know the real thing here cuz i dont got world edit on but ill edit later

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can limit training at map init. What do you mean it's not working? Can you train that hero twice? The one you put in the box?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.