Problem with WE?

ianu74

Reaction score
I've encounter this several times.
I want to make a ability similar to one i've made, so i copied the trigger used to make the ability.

However, the effects comes out totally unexpected, like a trigger used to push units away from the hero, the units all fly in 1 angle.

Btw, the original trigger worked fine.

Anyone encountered this problem?

Another qns, how long can a trigger's length be?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I've encounter this several times.
I want to make a ability similar to one i've made, so i copied the trigger used to make the ability.

However, the effects comes out totally unexpected, like a trigger used to push units away from the hero, the units all fly in 1 angle.

Btw, the original trigger worked fine.

Anyone encountered this problem?

Another qns, how long can a trigger's length be?

Care to post the original trigger and the copied version of it? Based on my knowledge, a trigger has no limit in terms of length. Correct me I'm wrong.

ianu74

Reaction score
Its already been solved, I merely did a another same trigger instead of copying it.

What I'm asking is that if i copy triggers will it have a cause some sort of a side effect?

millz-

Reaction score
If you have some other functions in the trigger (you can see by converting to custom text), and you copy and paste a trigger, then rename, not all functions will be renamed. So the error of "re-defined function" or something similar will occur.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
If you copy the trigger from another map you need to make sure you have create unknown varibles checked and you will need to reasgne any parts of the trigger that point to a specific unit, region, doodad, exc. As for a trigger limit, there is a 20k limit on the actions you can run before the trigger is dumped, using a wait will reset this limit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.