Problems with letting a UNIT acquire a HERO spell

Progesterone

Reaction score
Dear all, I am creating a custom unit from a UNIT-based unit and not a HERO-based unit, for example, a knight. I need it to acquire certain hero spells BUT there are only 2 relevant columns in object editor when i click that new unit i've created : ABILITIES : DEFAULT ACTIVE ABILITY and ABILITIES : NORMAL. The second field ONLY has UNIT and ITEM SPELLS, BUT NO HERO SPELLS TO CHOOSE FROM. So how do I choose HERO spells for my custom unit (which is chosen from a UNIT and NOT a HERO) ?

Slywolf15

Reaction score
If you are saying what I think you're saying (which btw with all the irrelavent capital letters made it hard to read) you want a unit that uses hero spells. Well you can't do that my friend. What you need to do is find a hero and you can replace the model file with the model file of the unit you are making. It should be
under Art-Model File or something similar. Then you just add the abilities that you want that hero to know.

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
If you're really determined for a unit to have hero abilities, you can trigger it. It's under Unit - Add Ability. The hero skill will be level 1, and then you can set the ability level.
You can even simulate hero ability choosing by giving the player a spellbook with dummy abilities...if you want to know more ask, because there's a lot of typing there. :p

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
You have to create the hero spell you want, for example, storm bolt, and change it to a unit ability. Then you can add storm bolt to the unit (make it 1 level only)... For level 2 storm bolt you can copy paste the level 1 storm bolt and change the name to Storm bolt level 2 and change the dmg and other fields... Then you can create a trigger to remove storm bolt level 1 and add storm bolt level 2... the event ( when the trigger will happen) can be manythings, for example when the knight enters a specific region or when you upgrade a building, or when u research a research (for exmaple Iron Forge Swords).... HAVE FUN:cool:
Cheerio

Slywolf15

Reaction score
You have to create the hero spell you want, for example, storm bolt, and change it to a unit ability. Then you can add storm bolt to the unit (make it 1 level only)... For level 2 storm bolt you can copy paste the level 1 storm bolt and change the name to Storm bolt level 2 and change the dmg and other fields... Then you can create a trigger to remove storm bolt level 1 and add storm bolt level 2... the event ( when the trigger will happen) can be manythings, for example when the knight enters a specific region or when you upgrade a building, or when u research a research (for exmaple Iron Forge Swords).... HAVE FUN:cool:
Cheerio

O woops I always forget about that little check box lol

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
oh rofl thats why you quoted my whole reply.. ;) Couldnt really see what your point was...buuuut, i see now.. was no point at all really,just ..yeye..:D
Cheerio!;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.