Problems with Ultimate giving in a Custom Spell Map

ShadourazeR

Reaction score
I'm working on a custom skills AoS, and I didn't have problems to figure out how to make the normal spells, but when I tried to give ultimates, it just didn't work... it works correctly, but the ability never goes to the unit. See the triggers:

Normal Spells :thup:

Trigger:
  • Arcane Bolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt (Choose)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)] Less than 6
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used) Greater than Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)]
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)] Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Damage[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Less than 2
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • Ability_Number[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Less than 3
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Set Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)] = (Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)] + 1)
                          • Set Ability_Number[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Ability_Number[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
                          • Wait 0.01 game-time seconds
                          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Unit - Add Arcane Bolt to (Picked unit))
                          • Set Damage[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Damage[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
                          • Player - Add (0 - Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)]) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used
                        • Else - Actions
                          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You already have th...
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You already have tw...
                • Else - Actions
                  • Set Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)] = (Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)] + 1)
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Unit - Set level of Arcane Bolt for (Picked unit) to Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)])
                  • Player - Add (0 - Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 1)]) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Not enough ability ...
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: This ability was al...

Now,

Ultimate Spells :thdown: (What's wrong?)

Trigger:
  • Frost Army
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Army (Choose)
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)] Less than 3
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used) Greater than Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)]
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)] Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Ultimate[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Less than 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
                        • Loop - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Hero level of (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to 6
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Set Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)] = (Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)] + 1)
                              • Set Ultimate[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Ultimate[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
                              • Unit - Add Frost Army (Ultimate) to (Picked unit)
                              • Player - Add (0 - Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)]) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used
                            • Else - Actions
                              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You need to be of a...
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You already have an...
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Hero level of (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to ((Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)] x 6) + 6)
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Set Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)] = (Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)] + 1)
                          • Unit - Set level of Frost Army (Ultimate) for (Picked unit) to Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)]
                          • Player - Add (0 - Ability_Level[(((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) x 1000) + 6)]) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used
                        • Else - Actions
                          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You need to be of a...
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Not enough ability ...
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: This ability was al...

So? :banghead:

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
What is the skill based on and what is the unit your putting the skill on?

this has nothing to do with triggering if the spell itself doesn't pop up on your unit. It has to do with the object editor

ShadourazeR

Reaction score
The skill is based on Locust Swarm, there is no reason for it to not show up... anyway, I'll take a look on that link

deebee

Reaction score
Looks really confusing.

You got an array that can exceed the limit (I think the limit is 8196)
And you are comparing food to Ability_Level? I dont know what is going on :p

ShadourazeR

Reaction score
Ok, I already knew that stuff... I guess that was kinda obvious... anyway, it was usefull, I didn't know I could take out the brush list, that will spare a lot of time from now on.

But I still need the most important thing: a trigger that works ._.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
What you need to do is read a few tutorials on using the Trigger Editor.

Your trigger makes no sense whatsoever and no one here has any idea as to what you're trying to do.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are you trying to achieve with your trigger?

ShadourazeR

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't explain well...
The food used is the ability point counter (instead of using gold, I use food, which its not food, because I changed the game interface.)

Step by Step...

The "Circle of Power" (using a DotA exemple) uses the skill Frost Army(Choose<- sufix), which is a channel based ability. Then it fires the following actions:

If the Hero that is going to receive the ability's level is enough (6/12/18), the trigger moves on, otherwise it says to the player: Not enough level.

If the Hero's player has sufficient ability points (equal to the level of the ability that is going to learn/upgrade), the trigger moves on, otherwise it says to the player: Not enough Ability Points.

Now it goes to the most anoying part:

If the ability is level 0 (the hero doesn't have it yet): then do the following below (Then Actions), if it isnt, it runs he Else Actions.

About the Damage Array, its just a variable used to prevent players from getting more then two abilities of the same kind (in case of the ultimate, just one.)

The whole thing works really fine, but the ability just doesn't show up. If I use it three times (Ultimate has three levels), and I use again the game says that the ability was maxed out, but the ability just doesn't reach the hero.

well...

ShadourazeR

Reaction score
Forget it, I solved the problem:thup:. That little waiting action was preventing the trigger to do anything. My triggers make sense ;) maybe they are too complex to you :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.